Thread: How good is the automatic A/C in hot, humid weather ?

Country
    Germany
    Thanks

Question How good is the automatic A/C in hot, humid weather ?

Beeing spoiled I wonder how does the A/C in 100+ degree weather with a fair amount of humidity ?
    Recent heatwave here in Europe makes me wonder.

Had a 1994 Lancia Delta tds whose A/C quit fighting when there was more than 10-12 degrees Celsius difference outside/inside and went to recirculation/max fan automatically.

Does the Mirage's A/C just raise the fan a bit (still not full blast) and still copes with 70 degrees F inside, when it is 100 F outside ?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The weather you describe is pretty much every day here in Florida (United States) lol - My A/C copes with the temp differential just fine. Automatic climate control just controls the amount of cold air produced. The fan is always set to a certain intensity by you, the driver. I also have tinted windows if that makes any difference to you.

-Charlie-

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    It's been 95ish here lately, but pretty dry. The AC, set to 72F on AUTO, will sometimes make the tip of my nose cold after a few minutes.

I am very impressed with the AC in this little car. Given that it was originally designed for the tropics, it's no surprise that some thought went into the design of the AC system.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am comfortable in my Mirage with the a/c on max 61 but it still cycles on and off more than I would like, it may be to help from freezing up things or to save fuel.. but my jeep will run the compressor 2-3 minutes than pause for 10 seconds then back on 2-3 minutes. My Mirage cycles every 20-30 seconds off for 5-10 seconds then back on, irritating for me when it drains so much power, I use the a/c when I have to, other times I just roll down my windows if below 40mph, highway cruising I will run the a/c when I begin to sweat but I normally just let fresh air vent into the cabin with windows closed.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The A/C is good for an economy car. Smaller car means smaller A/C system. It's not going to be as good as a large truck or SUV's A/C system. But, I've found it works very well if it's either hot, or humid. If it's very hot and very humid, it will keep the interior comfortable, but it won't ever get "cold" inside to the point I would have to turn it down. Tinted windows would certainly help, but unfortunately tint is illegal here.

Country
    United Arab Emirates
    Thanks
    Hi overboost, i don't have auto a/c only manual type but here in the middle east it is very hot but if I set the fan to 3 with max cooling it is cool enough to make my phone misty with condensation.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage GLX 1.2 automatic: 41.3 mpg (US) ... 17.6 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    My Mirage is black which means almost constant AC use. Although it doesn’t get very hot here on the Oregon Coast it was in the 90's at the dealer and I had no issues.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hot weather here in Texas. The car was good when it wasn't tinted. It's above average now that it's tinted.