Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ckeck engine light on

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Update: Code came back. Playing Canadian Tire/Mitsubishi Dealer mechanic was a failure. I should tell the guy that now there's a new problem that's totally different from the last time but that's not the case.

There's p0171,p0102 in the ecm then C1396, and U0401 stored in the abs module. The car runs like the pooh once in a while and the abs/trac control lights come on at the same time. Driver said it was sluggish. They also said when they fill up with fuel it takes a while for it to start after. That part sounds weird to me. I'm now thinking fuel pressure issue now. I'll have to make an adapter from a damaged fuel rail to test under the hood or just replace the pump with one of the next to no miles used ones I have around here.
    I'm assuming the abs codes are possibly being caused by the engine running like crap.

Might as well change the spark plugs again too. It's been 200k kms/124k miles since they were last changed.

Just spitballin' here, but what about a bad wheel sensor? Sending bad data to the abs/traction control module, and the ecm is then adjusting the engine/cvt for what it thinks is a slipping wheel issue?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-13-2019)

That's possible. I worked on a denali that would hammer on the brakes out of the blue and the stabilitrac and abs lights would come on because of a bad front speed sensor. Usually speed sensors throw codes but not always.
    I checked the wheel speeds in the freeze frame when the codes were thown and they were all the same. Could be sparatic, but that wouldn't explain the running lean code and the long crank to start. Might be 2 or 3 separate issues. I've seen abs and trac lights come on because of throttle issues before though.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Did you check the brake lines?
    I'll check those next.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Another update, I checked the brake lines last month and everything was good. Car hasn't had any issues until a few days ago. All the same codes came back.
    C1396 engine torque input refusal
    U0401 I forget communication code I think
    P0137 02 sensor 2 low
    P0102 AFS low
    P0171 Fuel trim too lean
    Car would idle low, hard to start. Had to hit throttle to keep running. I took it for a drive and it wouldn't rev past 3000rpm and felt like it was hitting a rev limiter. Transmission wouldn't shift. Car wouldn't go faster than 30-40kph. Check engine light, and traction control lights were on.
    I checked the connector behind the kick panel and it looked like new. For real, it was pretty clean back there.=
    I started doing a wiggle test and the engine would stumble when I wiggled the maf connector. Turned out one of the pins on the maf I replaced was bent. I'm not sure hth that happened. But I cleared the codes and couldn't get it to act up again. So fingers crossed I don't see this thing back for a while!
    Mirage videos:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-12-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    How do you view the data from when the code was thrown? What sort of reader or data logger or whatever do i need for that?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    How do you view the data from when the code was thrown? What sort of reader or data logger or whatever do i need for that?
    Depending on the diagnostic code, that information is saved in the vehicle per the On Board Diagnostics protocol/specification.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Depending on the diagnostic code, that information is saved in the vehicle per the On Board Diagnostics protocol/specification.
    So it'll just come up on a normal obd2 reader? Mine is the only one I've ever used and its kind of a cheap one. Maybe i just haven't noticed it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    So it'll just come up on a normal obd2 reader? Mine is the only one I've ever used and its kind of a cheap one. Maybe i just haven't noticed it.
    Well, there are several variables here.

1. I don't know all the various OBD-II readers out there.

2. I don't know what reader you are using and what it is capable of. Perhaps you could tell us what it is and what it does?

3. I don't know what code you are chasing. Typically emissions related codes will store data. At least that's my understanding. Other failures may be handled differently, according to the manufacturer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

I use this https://www.auteltech.com/Discontinu...ucts/515.jhtml

I see it’s discontinued but they still provide updates regularly.

Mirage videos: