Thread: Issues with Mirage sport hatchback 2014

Country
    Panama
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Issues with Mirage sport hatchback 2014

Hello Everyone, I own a Mirage Sport Hatchback 2014, and since I Bought it have had some issues with the car, I being in contact with 5 persons in my country (Panama City, Latino america) having the same inconviniences. Among the problems we have had in common they are instability at 80KM/suspension, at that speedness the car is going side to side and while you drive on highways it gets worse beause of the breeze and some other cars passing by (it was reported has to do with electronic assisted steering or and rack and pinion steering), some strange sounds in the interior, and why does the car go jumping on the road? I think would be suspention problems, Please do you know how to deal with these issues? did you ever noticed those on your car? I just think I bought a Problem, and want it to be sold, whatever, so, what would be your recomendations? I want to keep the car. I ask other people with same car and they say having no issue with the car, but have founded others who have the same issue. Im frustraded, and I thank you for your time and reading this, anny comments are welcome.Name:  mirage.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  95.8 KB

Thanks
    Check the wheel alignment.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Most would agree that the stock suspension is too soft. I've had similar issues. On a calm day, anything above 70mph (112kmh) the car feels terrible on the highway. Goes side to side as you described. If it's windy out... anything above 50mph (80kmh). I'm planning on doing some suspension mods and wheels next. You can look into that as well.

As far as interior sounds... I have none. What sounds are you hearing?

Hopefully others will chime in with their experiences.
    Last edited by MemphiS; 07-10-2015 at 01:13 AM.

Thanks
    Stock suspension is fine for me, my 94 year old father and my 90 year old mother. I had my alignment checked and had the toe adjusted on the right (actually left) front which greatly alleviated the YAW you have described. My right rear is still out of specs and that is not adjustable through any normal process except actually bending the rear stub axle which is welded to the axle beam.

It's like an airplane when you move the rudder (vertical stabilizer). the plane flies somewhat "sideways". This is the instability you are describing.

Get the alignment checked. No matter what you do to the suspension, it must be properly aligned or it will never handle correctly.

regards
    mech
    Last edited by deleted user; 07-10-2015 at 06:02 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Adding a rear stabilizer bar reduces much of the leaning in side-to-side maneuvers, if you find it excessive.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wandering steering and soft suspension are very noticeable in the highway, add some wind and the car feels like taking off at any time. Do check wheels alignment and balance.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    On My DE I've Noticed a Big Diffrence!! Since I've had my wheels put on, that it Handels A lot Better then the Stock Steel wheels . I was doing Between 65&75 and there's was a lot of trucks I had to pass and my Mirage had No Problems. So I think a little wider Wheels really help.
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

Basic (07-11-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Plus, if you haven't had the car very long , you have to get use to the idea of how it Handels , and what to avoid , like high winds and your speed,and how light the car is.
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    I have the 1.0L MT stripped-naked el-cheapo model, stock equipped.
    I do very much high speed (120 - 150kmh) highway driving, but have none of the described problems.

Alright, the steering is crappy, but you learn to cope with it.
    Alright, the suspension is a bit soft, but I like it that way, and I also like driving through highway junctions and flyovers at 100kmh or so, and the car handles it very well.

@theorionspace1981:
    My guess is other than a possible alignment problem, you may simply have not enough air in the tyres!
    With too low pressure, the car would handle exactly as you said.
    You said, Quote: "going side to side and while you drive on highways it gets worse beause of the breeze..."

My tyres are 3.0 bar (44psi) front, and 2.7 bar (39psi) rear. This is a bit on the high side, but handling and fuel consumption is better that way. Tyre pressure is easy to check and costs nothing to correct. Why not give it a try?

Last edited by foama; 07-10-2015 at 09:20 PM.