Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need to vent....

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

need to vent....

I tend to be very particular with my cars. This one I've given up on.
    As much as I like the car, it is not cosmetically durable. Had something bounce up on the plastic nose and it made a long crease, looks like a dent, in the plastic. About 1" long crease.
    I know it's not me, as I've owned lots of cars over the years and never was as careful with them as I am with this car.
    So, to retain my sanity, I've given in to the fact that this car is a driver only, and not to examine it too closely.
    And, as much as I like the mpg, I am no longer certain I'll buy another after this one.
    Unless, of course, Mitsubishi improves the bumper material and paint. But I doubt they will.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think all the New small cars are about the same , in how they are Built. Do you think it was a Defect? Or something hit your car?
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is to be expected with such a affordable car. I didn't have high hopes of quality when buying my Mirage, I've been impressed but agree the front bumper paint doesn't stay on the plastic bumper very well, I've seen this with Lancers and there affordable makes of cars.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, something hit it. Just a small stick, I think. I am used to urethane bumpers, they are extremely durable (the old yellow stuff). The new bumpers are polypropylene plastic.
    I'm done whining, lol! I need to quit worrying about little stuff like minor damage on a car anyway. Just a waste of time worrying about it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    I think all the New small cars are about the same , in how they are Built. Do you think it was a Defect? Or something hit your car?
    debburyl, Yes, something hit it, but really small, looked like a stick or something dropped out of a tree in the wind. On an old urethane bumper, you'd maybe see a tiny scuff. These polypropylene ones get marred easily, looks like a crease or dent.
    No, not Mitsubishi's fault, everyone uses the cheap plastic now. I was hoping to get a couple of years before dings and stuff but it doesn't look likely. But I need to keep in mind it's just for back & forth to work and really the car is great otherwise.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah I have been wanting to plasti dip the front nose, not sure how much that will help.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    Yeah I have been wanting to plasti dip the front nose, not sure how much that will help.
    Can't hurt. Probably a good idea. Would you brush it on? Would be tough to dip. Can it be thinned and sprayed on? White would be a good candidate, but red, blue, etc. wouldn't be able to match, of course.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    TomRad,,you sound like me,, when I got my Frist Ding in my drivers Door!!! I was HOT!!! Then after I washed it. It was ok. Then when the other side got Dinged I Was Going crazy!! I Called my insurance and I was going to file a claim ! But then I found out my Deductable was too high. So I decided to wash the Car and see if I could get the mark off my car! To my suprize I got it All off! So I was happy It's not the Mirage it's All Cars , we live in a throw it away generation ! All new cars arnt built like they were years ago thier all cheaply made! They make them like that so you will go buy another one.
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    TomRad,,you sound like me,, when I got my Frist Ding in my drivers Door!!! I was HOT!!! Then after I washed it. It was ok. Then when the other side got Dinged I Was Going crazy!! I Called my insurance and I was going to file a claim ! But then I found out my Deductable was too high. So I decided to wash the Car and see if I could get the mark off my car! To my suprize I got it All off! So I was happy It's not the Mirage it's All Cars , we live in a throw it away generation ! All new cars arnt built like they were years ago thier all cheaply made! They make them like that so you will go buy another one.
    Yes, seems to be true.
    I'd like one made with composite like Saturns were made, un-dentable.
    I have one ding on the lower part of my front passenger door where a plastic trash can hit it, but I don't notice it. It's low and not obvious. The crease on the front sort of bugs me, but I think maybe it's time I stopped worrying about small damage on a car.
    For the past 16 years I have been driving a 1999 Ford F150 4wd pickup. Not much damages the front end of that beast, lol! Although it has some dings, not many though, and a few hail dents. It still looks very good. Just getting rusty. And only gets 16mpg.
    I drive around 85 miles a day for work so need economical transportation. My Mirage does around 52 mpg average, with cvt.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh, and thanks for listening to me bellyache about the bumper. It's just after working all day, then long drive, and some more damage on the car, it just makes a person a little edgy. I'm better now, thanks to your replies (and some coffee)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tomrad For This Useful Post:

debburyl (07-13-2015)