Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Poor performance with A/C

Country
    Pakistan
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I wonder if it is possible to un-register that key from the car, and register a replacement when it is available. The procedure for registering keys might be found in the owner's manual.
    Well i am trying to get it fixed from local techs but they don't have the Mitsubishi Mirage software but still trying...

What if i change the whole security system? Is it possible?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wonder if it is possible to un-register that key from the car, and register a replacement when it is available. The procedure for registering keys might be found in the owner's manual.
    Don't you need both keys to register new? Never done it on Mitsubishi but this is what you had to do on Dodge. Irregardless if you only have one key or to remove registration you need dealer equipment. I would be socked if it were otherwise.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by muaq05 View Post
    Well i am trying to get it fixed from local techs but they don't have the Mitsubishi Mirage software but still trying...

What if i change the whole security system? Is it possible?
    I think it is built in so the answer is no.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    I would be socked if it were otherwise.
    I too was socked to learn I could program a new electronic security key for my Ford Focus by simply following the instructions in the manual. I was able to program the key remote from a Ford Fusion to unlock the Focus. I'm also pretty certain I could remove keys as well.

Socked, I say.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I too was socked to learn I could program a new electronic security key for my Ford Focus by simply following the instructions in the manual. I was able to program the key remote from a Ford Fusion to unlock the Focus. I'm also pretty certain I could remove keys as well.

Socked, I say.
    Well, you can do it in Dodge too, but you need both of the keys. If one key is lost, than you need a dealer. Same thing with erasing old IDs from ECU, you need dealer

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Too bad I don't have more time to look this up in the manual, rather than speculate.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)