Thread: 'Sold' a Mirage yesterday

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts

'Sold' a Mirage yesterday

Here is a Mirage I 'sold' yesterday. My buddy and coworker was looking for a car to replace the wretched 2002 Chrysler Sebring that had just died on him. He asked for my advice on what to buy, so naturally we headed to the Mitsu dealer.

Name:  Kevinsmirage.jpg
Views: 1296
Size:  89.6 KB

He bought a brand new Cloud White '15 DE CVT with 93 miles on the clock. I didn't have to do much convincing when it came to him, as he loved it as soon as he drove it. But I had to sell his very strong-willed girlfriend on the idea of a new car. She showed up late in the process to help with the paperwork. She didn't know the car he was buying was new, and asked how many miles were on it.

"Ninety-three," he said.

"What? Ninety-three THOUSAND MILES? How long is this car going to last?"

"No...ninety-three miles."

"It's NEW?? Can you afford a new car?"

"I can afford THIS one!"

It was a really funny exchange. The salesman knew when to keep his mouth shut and just let ME talk about all the pluses of the Mirage. When they were in the finance office signing the papers, I was out on the lot looking at (wildly overpriced) Jeeps, which this dealership also sells.

The salesman walked up to me and actually said, "Congratulations on selling your first new car!" I thought this was hilarious. I am actually getting a $100 'bird dog' check from this dealer for bringing them to the dealership.

My buddy loves his new Mirage!
    Last edited by Cobrajet; 07-16-2015 at 08:17 AM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Cleartec (05-18-2016),debburyl (07-16-2015),fanfare (10-25-2016),flatbroke (05-11-2016),MetroMPG (07-16-2015),Mikhail (08-03-2015),mitsumi (05-11-2016),Pryme (05-24-2017),sorakingdomhearts (07-29-2015)