Thread: Bluetooth in DE vs ES

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Bluetooth in DE vs ES

My first Mirage was a DE, and it was easy to pair my phone up. When I used my GPS on my phone or pressed any button on it, it would interrupt the radio or CD and play the phone audio through the speakers. It was great having the GPS voice interrupt my music to let me know when a turn is coming up.

However, in my new ES, it has a fancier voice command system. I paired my phone easily enough, but it no longer interrupts the radio to play the phone audio. When using GPS with bluetooth on, I get absolutely no voice guidance unless I have the stereo set to bluetooth audio, which means I drive in silence until the phone makes a sound.

Anyone know how to get the ES bluetooth to work like the DE? I'm starting to regret not picking up the cheaper DE from the shady dealer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Very interesting. Same here and have no idea if there's even a way to do that on the ES. I use GPS navigation a lot and it's really inconvenient not to hear the navigation guidance. My solution is to listen to the phone's GPS through a bluetooth earpiece while having the radio, CD, etc on. Would love to have it like in the DE.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    I haven't tried using navigation on my phone having the voice directions come through my speakers on my ES. I know that it interrupts any music for a incoming call but I haven't used it any further than that. Interesting there is a difference in the hands free between the two versions.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Well, at least $100 for a stand-alone Garmin GPS unit solves the problem. I never use the GPS on my phone.

And the voice-activated Bluetooth on the ES is awesome! I often use it to control my iPod, which is hooked up through the USB plug.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I never use the GPS on my phone.
    You should try Google Maps navigation. It's far better than any stand-alone GPS.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ^ Nailed it. My standalone GPS is garbage compared to Google Maps. I can actually choose my own route to avoid certain areas. With a standalone GPS, it's "plug and pray" it takes you in the right direction. Last resort is getting one of those phone holder vent clips.

Though I just might hook up my MP3 player into the USB since you gave me that idea.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Google maps also bases my navigation on traffic in Harrisburg it makes things so much easier, I can avoid traffic and know where it's at in advance. I always have pandora on Bluetooth so I'm used to having gps talk to me as well. I have a windshield mount, in the winter blowing hot air on the phone is not good.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was using my iPhone when I noticed if I use google maps it doesn't interrupt fm radio, if I have the maps ap my iPhone came with it will override the fm radio.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I know this thread is a bit old, but have you tried the Waze app? It warns of not just traffic, but accidents, pot holes, red light cameras, police ahead, and my parents even told me it warns of roadkill ahead.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yup waze is a good app! Google bought them I was told, but it still works great