Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newbie girl from Australia

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I've ordered some pretty sweet Meguiars car care products.... The paint looks beautiful, but its really full of contaminates, so I've got a Clay Bar cleaner coming, and Meguiars ultimate compound to fix the paint.... Then I'll give it a polish to fix the swirl marks and it will look a million bucks.... Hubby bought me a car polisher/sander yesterday in prep for the paint detail...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hi Laceygirl and welcome to the site great to have another Australian here.

Your car is looking great.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jamiec For This Useful Post:

laceygirl (09-09-2015)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    Yes, they're called weathershields here in Australia :-) They are essential, and I have them, but you have to remove the door rubbers/seals to install them, and I'm not keen to do that without the right tools... That will be left to the dealership... The mudflaps were a must have also.. I couldn't get over how dirty the back of the car gets without them....

Today I had to remove one of the scuff plates as I installed the wrong one, I put the front on the back, I wasn't even thinking...Duh.... But I got some grease and wax remover and it took the automotive tape off no dramas... It did remove a tiny bit of paint, but it is now underneath the correct, larger scuff plate.... So I don't envisage any more problems....

Took it for a drive today and it's really windy here, I pretty much decided then and there, that fatter tyres and a sway bar are the next things to do...

Here is my list for the dealership :-
    Install chrome exhaust tip
    Install head lamp protectors
    Install bonnet protector
    Install bigger console
    Install rear sway bar
    First service

Its all coming together... :-)
    Not 100% sure but most Dealers won't fit aftermarket parts. They void the parts they touch warranty. Can easily put it on yourself, jack rear end up. Undo the rear shock bolts, place swaybar in and do up bolts. 2 people required.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Yes, they're called weathershields here in Australia :-) They are essential, and I have them, but you have to remove the door rubbers/seals to install them, and I'm not keen to do that without the right tools... That will be left to the dealership...

There are no tools required. The weatherstripping just pops off of the window frames. Welcome aboard!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Your mirage is Very Sharp!!!!! With all the stuff your doing to your Mirage makes me whant to get out there and get mine done
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

laceygirl (09-09-2015)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Thanks Debburyl :-) I'm a tiny bit obsessed with the car at the moment...

The interior mats came today... They fit beautifully.... :-) I can really recommend them....I also managed to fix the scuff plates without having to buy new ones...

I'm a bit peeved about voiding my warranty if I put a sway bar underneath it.... It really needs it, and I'd love to put new wider tyres on it but the current tyres only have 175 kilometres on them, so a few thousand to go yet, so I'm torn... :-(

Keen to get it to the dealership and have the console and exhaust tip put in, plus the bonnet protector and weathershields.... Hubby is on the phone right now getting a quote for the installation... :-) YAY, its all coming together....Very happy.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Thanks Debburyl :-) I'm a tiny bit obsessed with the car at the moment...

The interior mats came today... They fit beautifully.... :-) I can really recommend them....I also managed to fix the scuff plates without having to buy new ones...

I'm a bit peeved about voiding my warranty if I put a sway bar underneath it.... It really needs it, and I'd love to put new wider tyres on it but the current tyres only have 175 kilometres on them, so a few thousand to go yet, so I'm torn... :-(

Keen to get it to the dealership and have the console and exhaust tip put in, plus the bonnet protector and weathershields.... Hubby is on the phone right now getting a quote for the installation... :-) YAY, its all coming together....Very happy.....
    Would only void the rear suspension side of it, if they do bother. Haven't mentioned mine.
    Will be interesting in 4 months when my service is due since it now has the lowering springs.
    Stock wheels can have up to 205s on them, they will buldge lol. I might get 185/195 put on to help a bit more than 175.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Thanks Mr JT... :-) That's really good to know... We've decided to go ahead and put the sway bar in anyway...

I'm going to continue to post updates on my garage thread.... Since this is just a thread for introductions..... :-) Come on over....

Oh and thank you to all for commenting :-) It is nice to see some Aussies on here... :-)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Laceygirl ,,,,,,,, no problem!! I'm the same way about my Mirage as well we need more people like you! That's my plan from Day one with my Mirage since I couldn't get the ES model and I had to settle for the Lower model the DE I thought I'm going to put as many things I can from the Dealer on it to make it as nice as I can! But I'm just slow because of cost. So I do a little at a time. And when I read the instructions on how to put the window deflectors on, at the beginning it say if the dealer puts them on it's covered under the warraunty. So I waited until this last month and had it put on at the dealer where I bought the car and they gave me a really good deal! But where I live they charge too much so the. Rest I will do. Take a picture of your scuff guards so we can see.
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Also I whant to put on the side molding to protect the Doors from idiots Putting Dings in my door! I've had it happen on both sides! So I'm going to have that done plus the scuff guard at the back hatch

hello from bluejellybean