Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs

Mileage Miser
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I was looking at some Enkei SR6, but these look nice too!

What are they?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlestan View Post
    I was looking at some Enkei SR6, but these look nice too!

What are they?
    The brand is called Rage. I am not sure of the model but I ordered them from Discount Tire Direct. They were awesome to work with and they are balanced perfectly. Name:  CYMERA_20160326_211134.jpg
Views: 2674
Size:  99.1 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gnarles2 For This Useful Post:

Littlestan (03-29-2016)

Mileage Miser
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    The brand is called Rage. I am not sure of the model but I ordered them from Discount Tire Direct. They were awesome to work with and they are balanced perfectly.
    Those look awesome... 15" with a 38+ offset?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They are 16" and the offset is 40. They fit perfect. No rubbing at all. Most likely due to the tires. 195/45/16.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here is the link to the wheels. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=7&vid=029890

I have had 4 people in this car and it is perfect. No bottoming out anymore and no rubbing or weirdness at all. I will say that since the new wheels and tires that the gas mileage is down about 5 MPG all around. I personally do not care about the drop, but people should know just in case they want a certain look but retain the same gas mileage. I have been driving a bit more aggressively so that is a part of it, but even when I try to get good mileage it is about 5 MPG less than before.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gnarles2 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-29-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I will say that since the new wheels and tires that the gas mileage is down about 5 MPG all around. I personally do not care about the drop, but people should know just in case they want a certain look but retain the same gas mileage. I have been driving a bit more aggressively so that is a part of it, but even when I try to get good mileage it is about 5 MPG less than before.
    This is good info, thanks for sharing it.

This seems to be common to wheel 'upgrades'.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    This is good info, thanks for sharing it.

This seems to be common to wheel 'upgrades'.
    Yes with every change for the better, something is bound to change for the worse! lol The ride and handling is so much better now that it was a good tradeoff for me.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I will say that since the new wheels and tires that the gas mileage is down about 5 MPG all around. I personally do not care about the drop, but people should know just in case they want a certain look but retain the same gas mileage. I have been driving a bit more aggressively so that is a part of it, but even when I try to get good mileage it is about 5 MPG less than before.
    low profile tires would do it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    low profile tires would do it.
    The Enasaves are rock hard and totally made for gas mileage. They are great at doing that. And I think that they are pretty decent tires actually. I have about 14,000 miles on them and they are just barely worn. I do have a bubble in one of them because of a damn chuck hole that I hit a week before I put the new wheels on but other than that they have held up really well. If I can find an exact replacement for the one with the bubble I will use them next winter. If not I will get all new snow tires. The Enasaves were totally fine for me this past winter. I can not complain about them.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The rolling resistance of the tire comes from contact patch abrasion and from side wall deflection, and to the lesser degree from rubber compound. So the low profile tire would do worse as it would have more sidewall bending.

BTW new Prius comes with Enasaves and it managed 0.84 on skid pad, so they should be not that bad at all. Not sure why they don't work well on Mirage, perhaps excessive body roll puts them at odd angle? tire squirm due to narrow rims?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

Gnarles2 (03-29-2016)