Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    From the reading around I've done, these springs (specifically, the the spring rate and length) seem most appropriate for giving the car sportier handling without making it painful to drive on regular roads everyday.

I am curious, though: everything I have read online says that using lowering springs with stock struts is a bad idea and will cause excessive wear. I'm not really certain why that would be the case (assuming a strut is linear in its dampening force, at least), but if it is, what would be an appropriate pairing to go with these?

I ask because it seems like these spring would end up being to long to pair with any of the coilovers which are readily available on the market (which themselves come with insanely stuff springs).

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When I talked to Eibach directly, they said that the springs should be fine on stock shocks since they only lower the car 25mm (1 inch). Will they reduce the shock's life? Maybe. Personally, that was a risk I was willing to take. It's not like these are dumping the car 2.5 inches and slamming it to the ground, causing the shocks to bottom out all the time. I didn't cut my bumpstops or anything, so the shocks aren't going beyond their recommended travel. I've been very happy with mine. Had them on there for over two years and my shocks are still fine. I think I probably have about 10,000 miles on them or so.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-16-2021),PityOnU (12-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I loved how it felt with the Eibach springs and factory struts and shocks but the rear shocks wore out very fast for me. I ended up switching to coilovers but now I am going to go back to the eibach springs and new shocks and struts because it just felt right that way. It felt like a factory sport package and the coilovers are way too harsh even on the softest settings.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gnarles2 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-16-2021),PityOnU (12-16-2020),Subcompact Culture (12-15-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    I loved how it felt with the Eibach springs and factory struts and shocks but the rear shocks wore out very fast for me. I ended up switching to coilovers but now I am going to go back to the eibach springs and new shocks and struts because it just felt right that way. It felt like a factory sport package and the coilovers are way too harsh even on the softest settings.
    I just wish there was a higher performance shock/strut options easily available. Short of going to SE Asia there isn't anything available on the US market. I mean, you could throw on the KYB Exel-G, but they're just an OE replacement. They are, however, $46 per corner.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    I just wish there was a higher performance shock/strut options easily available. Short of going to SE Asia there isn't anything available on the US market. I mean, you could throw on the KYB Exel-G, but they're just an OE replacement. They are, however, $46 per corner.
    There is TEIN Endurapro Plus for our Mirage, with damping adjustment.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

PityOnU (12-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeYourSOUL View Post
    There is TEIN Endurapro Plus for our Mirage, with damping adjustment.
    I didn't even know those were a thing. I love you you can set up the dampening to be electronically controlled, as well.

Seems like they would pair well with these springs. I will seriously look into getting and installing all this now.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    The way this thread is going, may I suggest reading post number 4 which answers most of the recent questions!

I imported the KYB-Asia rear shocks from
    https://www.startmycar.co.za
    and they are a little stiffer than the OEM 4162A199. No revolutionary difference, but the rear sits firmer without bobbing up and down, and I like them. Considering former experience with that brand, I have no reason at all for thinking they would not last.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    The way this thread is going, may I suggest reading post number 4 which answers most of the recent questions!

I imported the KYB-Asia rear shocks from
    https://www.startmycar.co.za
    and they are a little stiffer than the OEM 4162A199. No revolutionary difference, but the rear sits firmer without bobbing up and down, and I like them. Considering former experience with that brand, I have no reason at all for thinking they would not last.
    The Excel-G are available in the U.S. for the Mirage. However, it's likely the softer valving as it's listed for 2014–2015 models on places such as Rock Auto. And I'm glad to hear they work out for you. However, I'd much prefer something like a KYB GR-2, or Lowfer Sports, or something that's a bit more sport oriented. They would have to come from SE Asia, however.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlestan View Post
    Just ordered the Eibachs off eBay for $225 CDN;

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/262044437950?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Last set! I've currently got cheap Amazon front springs and stock rears, so the Eibachs will be a
    welcome upgrade from the sounds of it.

Still on the fence about the wheels... black looks good on a white Mirage, but I'm feeling a
    gunmetal grey or bronze would be slightly nicer. I'm stoked the 16x7 +40 worked out so well for
    you with zero rubbing or issues! I was hoping a slight difference in the stock offset would allow a
    greater selection of standard size wheels. Gotta keep window shopping I guess.
    I didnt realize how bad inflation was getting. These are now $366 cad on eBay. 62.6% more monies. Too bad welfare hasn't going up as fast.

In 2015 single person could get $681 per month CAD in welfare and today its $733 thats only 7.6% more free money.

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos