Thread: Mpg 101

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Mpg 101

So what is mpg? And what is Km/L or L/100Km. Is a 38.8 L/100Km not economical? What about 14.7 L/100Km? Sorry I am a total noob. Thanks in advance.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Look at the bottom of this post and check my mileage which is 54.4 US MPG. I think 4.3 L/100 KM.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deleted user For This Useful Post:

sorakingdomhearts (07-29-2015)

MPG = miles per gallon. How many miles can you drive on a gallon of gas. The higher the number, the better.

KM/L = kilometers per litre. Similar to above, but in metric. The higher the number, the better.

L/100 km = how many litres to travel 100 km. Variation on the above, except the lower the number, the better.

The Mirage is tested by various government agencies in countries around the world to give you an estimate of how much gas you may expect to use in city, highway and "combined" city/hwy driving. See this page: Thread: 2013/2014 Mirage mpg / fuel economy ratings by country (Space Star also)

In PH, the 5-speed Mirage hatchback is rated in combined driving at:

4.8 L/100 km
    21 km/L
    49.4 mpg (US)

And, yes, 38.8 L/100Km would be very bad fuel economy for any car!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

sorakingdomhearts (07-29-2015)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    MPG = miles per gallon. How many miles can you drive on a gallon of gas. The higher the number, the better.

KM/L = kilometers per litre. Similar to above, but in metric. The higher the number, the better.

L/100 km = how many litres to travel 100 km. Variation on the above, except the lower the number, the better.

The Mirage is tested by various government agencies in countries around the world to give you an estimate of how much gas you may expect to use in city, highway and "combined" city/hwy driving. See this page: Thread: 2013/2014 Mirage mpg / fuel economy ratings by country (Space Star also)

In PH, the 5-speed Mirage hatchback is rated in combined driving at:

4.8 L/100 km
    21 km/L
    49.4 mpg (US)

And, yes, 38.8 L/100Km would be very bad fuel economy for any car!
    LMAO Man I gotta do more saving lol yesterday though I was doing 14.7L/100Km lmao i gotta go learn how to save more gas lmao