Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirage FAST key stolen - what should I do?

Country
    Pakistan
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Mirage FAST key stolen - what should I do?

Hello
    I need your help guys... I have lost my FAST key and now i am using backup key...

Actually it was a robbery like mobile snatching they took everything from my wife on gun point including the FAST key now i am worried about my car to be stolen because now thieves have the Primary of the car...

Now what should i do?

What are my options... For the information its a imported car from Japan and there is no Mitsubishi dealership in my Country...

Kindly tell me what are my options now?

I don't know what to change and is there any option in it for the customized security system in my car?

Or how to disable to the lost key?

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by muaq05 View Post
    Hello
    I need your help guys... I have lost my FAST key and now i am using backup key...

Actually it was a robbery like mobile snatching they took everything from my wife on gun point including the FAST key now i am worried about my car to be stolen because now thieves have the Primary of the car...

Now what should i do?

What are my options... For the information its a imported car from Japan and there is no Mitsubishi dealership in my Country...

I don't know what to change and is there any option in it for the customized security system in my car?

I don't know if this help you, but it is a good start, you can ask them what to do on Mail.
    Good luck
    http://www.locksafesecurity.co.uk/se...pin-codes.html
    Some day maybe it look like this, if my son get what he want :-)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage GLS ltd 1.2 automatic: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hellstens For This Useful Post:

muaq05 (10-20-2015)

Hi muaq05 -

That's terrible what happened. I hope your wife is OK.

I moved your question to a dedicated thread - it may help to get more eyes on your problem.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

muaq05 (10-21-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Sorry, will make further posts here....
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I too was socked to learn I could program a new electronic security key for my Ford Focus by simply following the instructions in the manual. I was able to program the key remote from a Ford Fusion to unlock the Focus. I'm also pretty certain I could remove keys as well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by muaq05 View Post
    Hello

Now what should i do?

This what your owner's manual says.
    I think you should take their advice.

If you lose the F.A.S.T.-key, you can order a F.A.S.T.-key from
    your authorized Mitsubishi Motors dealer by referring to the
    key number.
    To prevent vehicle theft, take your vehicle and the remaining
    F.A.S.T.-keys to an authorized Mitsubishi Motors dealer to
    have the ID codes reprogrammed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 46.0 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.2 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mpaton For This Useful Post:

muaq05 (10-21-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah but he said there are no dealers in his country. This is kinda one of those times i'd of avoided getting a fast key and stuck with a normal key so you could just get your cylinder replaced.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Clessy For This Useful Post:

muaq05 (10-21-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Agreed, without a dealer to remove a valid enabled FAST key coded to the vehicle it's not a good situation. I would recommend adding a battery disconnect switch between the battery and the starter. That way you don't lose any electronics programming, there just won't be any way to start the vehicle unless it's a manual transmission (it could be push started I suppose).

The key is removable.

http://www.amazon.com/HELLA-002843011-Series-Rating-Battery/dp/B0000AYAFE
    Last edited by inuvik; 10-20-2015 at 08:57 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

muaq05 (10-21-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    Yeah but he said there are no dealers in his country. This is kinda one of those times i'd of avoided getting a fast key and stuck with a normal key so you could just get your cylinder replaced.
    Ah, good point. So probably the best he can do is to find the fuse that controls the FAST stuff, and pull that any time the car is left unattended. Even then, the stolen key may have the mechanical door key attached to it, in which case it can be unlocked if they find it.

Either way, it seems liek only someone with most of the capabilities of a Mistubishi dealer can help.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 46.0 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.2 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mpaton For This Useful Post:

muaq05 (10-21-2015)

Country
    Pakistan
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I will try the Battery disconnect Switch... Until i get the permanent solution.

Thanks for your help!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    Don't you need both keys to register new?
    Cyclopathic is right. I found the following on page 5-20 in the Mitsubishi Mirage Owners Manual for 2015.

Replacement F.A.S.T.-keys
    Only the F.A.S.T.-keys that have been programmed to the vehicle’s electronics can be used to start the vehicle. If you lose the F.A.S.T.-key, you can order a F.A.S.T.-key from your authorized Mitsubishi Motors dealer by referring to the key number. To prevent vehicle theft, take your vehicle and the remaining F.A.S.T.-keys to an authorized Mitsubishi Motors dealer to have the ID codes reprogrammed.

Additional F.A.S.T.-keys
    To add a F.A.S.T.-key, you must already have 2 registered F.A.S.T.-keys. You need to register the ID code to the vehicle.
    Registering the ID code can be done by your authorized Mitsubishi Motors dealer. Or it can be done by yourself (except for vehicles sold in Canada).
    For you to register the ID code yourself, follow the “Customer F.A.S.T.-key programming” procedure below. If you choose to have your authorized Mitsubishi Motors dealer register the ID code, take your vehicle and all remaining F.A.S.T.-keys to your authorized Mitsubishi Motors dealer.

NOTE
    • You are provided with 2 F.A.S.T.-keys, but you may register up to 4 F.A.S.T.-keys. You can obtain blank F.A.S.T.-keys for your vehicle from your Mitsubishi Motors dealer.

Customer F.A.S.T.-key programming (Except for vehicles sold in Canada)

You can program new F.A.S.T.-keys to the system if you have two valid (already registered) F.A.S.T.-keys and blank (not registered) F.A.S.T.-key.

For F.A.S.T.-key programming, follow the procedures below.
    1. Open the driver’s door.
    NOTE
    • Keep the driver’s door open until F.A.S.T.- key programming is finished. Do not open or close other doors.
    2.While carrying the first valid F.A.S.T.- key, put the operation mode in ON. (Perform the following procedure within 30 seconds.)
    3. Insert the new F.A.S.T.-key into the key slot.
    4.With the first valid F.A.S.T.-key, press the UNLOCK button for 4 to 10 seconds and press the LOCK button during this time.
    5. Release in sequence the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons within 10 seconds of pressing the LOCK button in step 4. (Perform the following procedure within 30 seconds.)
    6.With the second valid F.A.S.T.-key, press the UNLOCK button for 4 to 10 seconds and press the LOCK button during this time.
    7. Release in sequence the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons within 10 seconds of pressing the LOCK button in step 6. The immobilizer warning light will blink. When registration of ID code is complete, the buzzer will sound 3 times and the immobilizer indicator will come on for 30 seconds.
    If an error occurs, F.A.S.T.-key programming will be terminated and the buzzer will sound for 3 seconds.
    NOTE
    • F.A.S.T.-key programming will be terminated if the operation mode is put in OFF before the immobilizer warning light starts blinking.
    8. If you wish to register another F.A.S.T.- key, repeat the process from step 1 after the operation mode is put in OFF.
    NOTE
    • The immobilizer display will go off immediately if the operation mode is put in OFF.
    • It is not possible to register a F.A.S.T.-key if the immobilizer warning light goes off during the procedure.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

muaq05 (10-21-2015)