Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Undercoating issues

^^^ Good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoehead View Post
    I went with rust chek. I am no expert, but I asked several car enthusiasts and they tended toward a rust-chek like product applied regularly. The issue with the thick rubbery coatings is that while they work well where well-applied, any gaps or chips or tears in the coating allow corrosive salt water in.
    I'll vouch from experience for the non-drying, "creeping" sprays (I think one of them may be veggie oil-based for eco-friendliness, but petro-based is probably more common). Paints and rubberized coatings can make things worse by providing yet another layer to trap salt & moisture.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well for those folks who live in Salt Country you really need a Good Rust Proofing!! And a Quality Done job! And should spray the wheel wells and keep the car Washed on a Regular bases! And the bottom of the Doors where there is drain wholes keep thoses clean. As a rule very few people wash that area when washing thier car. But that's where Rust starts. So I like to wash my car my self because I wash the door jams and under each door. So the bad coating job needs to be redone!
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    So you paid for undercoating, and they basically told you that "We'll undercoat what we damned well please and nothing more!"

I am sure you guys have a version of the Better Business Bureau. Give 'em a call.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Any updates on this? What happened?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Mileage Miser
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Any updates on this? What happened?
    Hey Daox,

The dealership refused to help at all stating that the job is done 'as is normally expected'.

I've had a few other problems with them, but this will be the last time I deal with them before
    anything major happens. I've got new springs coming and have a UR rear torsion bar to install,
    so I'll take better pics when it's up on the hoist at work of the job they did before brushing or
    spraying on undercoating myself on the areas they missed.

I contacted two other undercoating places and they were hesitant to touch it, so this is what I'm
    left with. :-( Will update soon!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would think Canada Has a Attorney Genarals Office where you can file a claim against them? To have them fix it wright
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    If you paid with a credit card can you dispute the charges?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)