Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Commencing new (slow) build of my hatchback...

Country
    Malaysia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Commencing new (slow) build of my hatchback...

I just installed the V1 set from BC Racing. Briefly drove it around. Front damper currently set at 15notch (exactly middle of the range), Rear damper set to softest. 25mm drop was almost the minimum drop, I tried to retain the ride height, but that's about as good as I can get.

Name:  IMG-20150803-WA0010[1].jpg
Views: 870
Size:  91.1 KB
    Finally arrived after long 7 days wait!

Name:  IMG-20150803-WA0011[1].jpg
Views: 780
Size:  90.6 KB
    Unboxing of new toy!

Name:  IMG_20150804_121833.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  52.8 KB
    Manuals, brochures and stickers that came with the pack

Name:  IMG_20150804_134911.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  56.4 KB
    Rear suspension

Name:  IMG_20150804_123433.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  71.6 KB
    Final Ride Height after new suspension installation. Dropped an inch all round.

Handling was much improved. Body roll was reduced significantly, body roll still noticeable in the front-end. I will be installing UltraRacing Front strut and all braces this week. No more bottom out at the back even with 150kg payload. It is stiff... like.. very stiff... It probably wouldn't be very comfortable going beyond that stiff.

Will drive it around for a week or so and recheck the settled in height and perform wheel alignment.

Comment: on first day of installation, if I get to customised my spring rate, I would probably pick something around 3.4kg/mm on the front, and 2kg/mm on the rear.

Installed UltraRacing Front strut tower, UltraRacing Front member brace, Rear member brace & Rear torsion bar.

Tinted 65-75% Total Solar Energy Rejection film from Sahara-X.

Comment: after 500km of driving. Quite happy with the spring rate now actually. Maybe it has settled in, maybe UltraRacing parts installation recently changed the behaviour slightly. It is significantly more stable compared to stock. My parents drove it past 120km/h without realizing it. Tyres sitting at 165/65R14 stock still, but the sport suspension and solid UR bracing easily pushes it beyond its traction limit. Procured 17" Rays Wheels from Japan, tentatively putting on 205/40R17 rubber. ETA of the new wheels, mid Nov 2015.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mousee For This Useful Post:

91cavgt (08-11-2015),cyclopathic (08-09-2015),laceygirl (08-22-2015),YiffyAki (08-22-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    I just love all these customizations on the Mirage! Keep everyone updated on your progress!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

mousee (08-15-2015)

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Thanks
    Where did you get these from? I can only find the BR and ER Series. X3

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I didn't know any BCR adjustable were made for the Mirage. I've searched and haven't found any part numbers. Can you guys post the part numbers you're finding?

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    We have a BC racing here in Australia, going to ring them Monday and see what they can do....

http://www.bc-racing.com.au/bc-racin...br-series.html

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by YiffyAki View Post
    Where did you get these from? I can only find the BR and ER Series. X3
    Quote Originally Posted by RalliArt_Mirage View Post
    I didn't know any BCR adjustable were made for the Mirage. I've searched and haven't found any part numbers. Can you guys post the part numbers you're finding?
    I got them from Malaysian distributor direct from Taiwan. My local mechanic ordered it for me. The part numbers are not on their website yet. Maybe they're still testing it out to see if any negative feedback? But the numbers are all here:
    http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...fication-Table

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    We have a BC racing here in Australia, going to ring them Monday and see what they can do....

http://www.bc-racing.com.au/bc-racin...br-series.html
    I thought you going for GAB?

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I'm tossing up between GAB and BC racing... Only because they are easier to get here.... GAB are still my first choice, but its not easy finding someone to import them....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RalliArt_Mirage View Post
    http://www.importimageracing.com/sus...rage/2014.html This is where I found the BR and ER. This is basically set to Mirage 2014 and they insist they have it. Even added it to the cart and there seems to be no "We don't have this" problem so.... Either their website is sh*t or they really have it. xP

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by YiffyAki View Post
    http://www.importimageracing.com/sus...rage/2014.html This is where I found the BR and ER. This is basically set to Mirage 2014 and they insist they have it. Even added it to the cart and there seems to be no "We don't have this" problem so.... Either their website is sh*t or they really have it. xP
    I see. Not sure if I trust them but hey. I took time to try searching other years and they had the same available parts for years of the Mirage that didn't exist even. So I may just wait. Anyways, I'm too poor right now.

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    I'm tossing up between GAB and BC racing... Only because they are easier to get here.... GAB are still my first choice, but its not easy finding someone to import them....
    If the GABs are really rated 5k front and 2.5k on the back, I would be interested to know how the 5k front feels. BCR has 4k front, took some getting used to, but now feeling like it can take stiffer. On the other hand, I'm also worried if the chassis can take it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mousee For This Useful Post:

laceygirl (08-23-2015)