Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best set up for stock audio

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Best set up for stock audio

So we ran the spectral flatness test on DE OEM speakers. They are obviously not the best but not that horrible either.
    The speakers are green (<10hr) still on initial burn-in, so they should get better when accumulate 25-60hr or so.

Anyways the best setting for more or less flat response is Bass +2, Treble +2.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

burghbeagle (08-11-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I crank mine, normally I have mine set at -2 bass and max treble. If I have mine set on 0 bass or more it distorts around 44 too much.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think I'm with alex. If any, I have +1 bass.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It isn't the question of who you with or what your personal preferences are. I ran Perceptual Sweep Spectral Flatness Test and stockers give the flattest response with these settings. Yes they distort at higher volumes, and when compared to better ones they are muddy even with the best settings.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You were stating what you found out. It's scientific, but when dealing with sound, its all opinionated. Some like it this way, some like it that way. I'm just stating that I prefer my sound like Alex does.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    You were stating what you found out. It's scientific, but when dealing with sound, its all opinionated. Some like it this way, some like it that way. I'm just stating that I prefer my sound like Alex does.
    No problem everyone has their preferences.

If you go and re-read OP it was about "best set up for flat response" not "I like this" or "what do you guys like?". Apples and oranges, end of story.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When naming a thread "Best setup for stock audio, you set the bar high. You didn't hit the bar. The "Best setup" is the one the owner likes. The "flattest response on stock audio according to a spectrum test " is what you did.

Apples and oranges. End of story.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 51.2 mpg (US) ... 21.8 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 61.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticMirage View Post
    When naming a thread "Best setup for stock audio, you set the bar high. You didn't hit the bar. The "Best setup" is the one the owner likes. The "flattest response on stock audio according to a spectrum test " is what you did.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    So we ran the spectral flatness test on DE OEM speakers.
    .................................................. ........
    Anyways the best setting for more or less flat response is Bass +2, Treble +2.
    pls re-read original post.
    Last edited by cyclopathic; 08-14-2015 at 06:26 PM.

Let's keep personal sniping out of this forum, guys. Thanks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticMirage View Post
    When naming a thread "Best setup for stock audio, you set the bar high. You didn't hit the bar. The "Best setup" is the one the owner likes.
    Bam. /thread

It's like saying "your TV has been calibrated [to whatever the best calibrating tool is]" but you have bad eyes so you had to turn up the color a little more. That is the best set-up for that person.