Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coolant

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    How much was the coolant from the dealership?
    I never purchased any from the dealer. If I needed coolant I would just go down to the local auto parts store and grab some Pentosin Anti-Freeze. They make a correct compatible coolant for our Mirage's.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-16-2019)

Yeah, that's what I use. I think beck/arnley makes some too. Blue asian.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yeah, that's what I use. I think beck/arnley makes some too. Blue asian.
    Fummins, I just took this picture of my condenser, I believe dripping water. Is that normal? Im parked in a covereged garage and idling with AC on low.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Name:  20190816_153403.jpg
Views: 1786
Size:  94.5 KB

It's normal. Water. Unless it's blue.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    It's normal. Water. Unless it's blue.
    Just what I thought thank god, only water. lol ahhhhhh I need to puff on a huge joint, but I gotta go into work.

Why let work stop you?
    Mirage videos:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-16-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    i have a question.
    i just had my 10kms PMS service in a Mitsubishi casa
    the technician used a Green coolant on my reserve but failed to check my radiator because he left the old sticker from my last PMS is still intact for warranty purposes.

first is, what is the Green coolant used? is there a certain coolant in mitsubishi that has this Green color coolant. as i know our mirage can use the 50/50 coolant long life premium which is blue in color. is it ok even if its Green for our mirage?

second, for the 10kms PMS service does mitsubishi really need not to check the rad if it still has enough liquid inside?
    I am not going to claim to be an expert on this. Personally, I would not mix two different type of coolants in today's engines. I bought a gallon Valvoline Zerex Asian Blue Coolant from Walmart for about $13. It's pre-mixed. Should my overfill container need coolant, I plan on using that.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Valvoline...llon/801754735

This topic has come up before, & someone else pointed out the Valvoline (which matches OEM coolant) @ Walmart.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I am not going to claim to be an expert on this. Personally, I would not mix two different type of coolants in today's engines. I bought a gallon Valvoline Zerex Asian Blue Coolant from Walmart for about $13. It's pre-mixed. Should my overfill container need coolant, I plan on using that.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Valvoline...llon/801754735

This topic has come up before, & someone else pointed out the Valvoline (which matches OEM coolant) @ Walmart.
    Now that's bringing a topic back from the dead.

Since this topic came back, can you imagine being rich enough to have a driver but still be driven around in one of the cheapest cars on our roads?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Fummins, I just took this picture of my condenser, I believe dripping water. Is that normal? Im parked in a covereged garage and idling with AC on low.
    Dirk, fun fact: air conditioning works in 2 ways. It cools the air and (wait for it)...conditions the air by removing moisture. What you're seeing is that moisture removed by the evaporator and exiting the evaporator drain. All is functioning as it should! Keep asking questions, my dude. This is an educational forum!