Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fog light kit not working tried everything

Country
    United States
    Thanks

fog light kit not working tried everything

Hello, I have just installed new fog lights on my 2023 ralliart using the existing wiring. I have installed the relay and checked the fuses and also programmed the ETACS with the door open and shut process. The switch works on the stalk because when I turn it on the last step of programming the car beeps for 3 seconds like it’s supposed to but the fog lights don’t come on and the light on the dash does not illuminate. I’m pretty sure I do not hear the relay clicking either. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan1116 View Post
    ... also programmed the ETACS with the door open and shut process.
    How did you do that?

Did you use the MMCodingWriter app to re-program the ETACS-ECU?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You’re supposed to be able to reprogram the ETACS by putting on your seatbelt then starting the car, opening and shutting the drivers door 5 times under 10 seconds and then turn the fog switch and that will program everything to work… but it didn’t. I didn’t know there was such an app like that I’ll look into that when I’m back home I was just going to take it to the dealer so they could program it but I wanna avoid that.

Is there also a fuse that has to be installed? I really don't know....
    I found this procedure, not sure if it's the same or not? https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post97167

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Is there also a fuse that has to be installed? I really don't know.
    I checked all the fuses related to the fogs only thing I need to double check is if the rear fog light fuse is there idk if that is related to the front fog circuit or not. Also I read that thread too and that is the procedure I tried but to no success ://

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I checked all the fuses related to the fogs only thing I need to double check is if the rear fog light fuse is there idk if that is related to the front fog circuit or not. Also I read that thread too and that is the procedure I tried but to no success ://
    Are the lamps OEM? I assume so.

Perhaps the relay is incorrectly positioned. Or perhaps re-program the on-and-off switch to have it off,
    Unplug and plug the lamps and then redo the switch program just to have it enabled? I assume the lamps are already installed and plugged correctly. I had similar hiccups from my 1st G4 and eventually got it working this way myself.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.2 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, they are oem. The housings are knock offs but the wiring was already in place and I hooked up nice sylvania bulbs. I’ll try programming the switch back to off and then on again and I’ll update after. Dealer is going to charge 165 to program the switch

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Logan1116 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-11-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, they are oem. The housings are knock offs but the wiring was already in place and I hooked up nice sylvania bulbs. I’ll try programming the switch back to off and then on again and I’ll update after. Dealer is going to charge 165 to program the switch
    Understandable. Hope it works this time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.2 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to defensivetackle99 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-11-2023)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    If it still fails, as a last resort, maybe you can take a look at the ETACS setting using MMCoding Writer and verify that is set to "Present"

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    no need to reprogram the etacs you can activate it directly on customization function on Etacs by using MUT iii.