Thread: Auto Stop and Go

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Auto Stop and Go

What would it take to retrofit Auto Stop and Go to US-spec Mirage?
    http://www.mitshelp.com/micont-1261.html

Is programming there? wiring? all you need is a switch and a trip to dealer?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

I forget whether or not we figured out if the AS&G Mirages use a different starter or not. Battery is larger. There was a thread about it... lemme see if I can find it....

Here you go.
    Thread: adding the stop & go feature?

On the other hand, auto stop/start is super easy to with the key or start button. All my cars have it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    On the other hand, auto stop/start is super easy to with the key or start button. All my cars have it.
    On my particular commute, I have a light that usually takes me 2-3 cycles to get through, and it seems like it's about 2 minutes before it goes green again. I've got an ES manual, so as I'm about to stop in neutral, I'll hit the button and shut the engine down. However, as picky as this may be, it shuts the radio down too. Any way to avoid this?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wellswebdesign View Post
    On my particular commute, I have a light that usually takes me 2-3 cycles to get through, and it seems like it's about 2 minutes before it goes green again. I've got an ES manual, so as I'm about to stop in neutral, I'll hit the button and shut the engine down. However, as picky as this may be, it shuts the radio down too. Any way to avoid this?
    No, you just have to get good at the button blip as I call it... as soon as the power is cut, hit the button again with your foot off the clutch and the accessory power will come on. Its the only thing I have been able to come up with.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-14-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    A kill switch wired up to the injector power will kill the engine without killing power to anything else.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

laceygirl (08-11-2015)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    A kill switch wired up to the injector power will kill the engine without killing power to anything else.

I did this very thing on my Chevy Colorado. It worked really well and allowed me to get 30 mpg in the city with it.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I wish Mitsubishi USA would have offered this as an add-on option, just like they offer the Bluetooth.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)