Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mitsubishi mirage es cvt I need help please :(

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So even if I have it on "D" it'll switch into "B" on its own correct? & yes I'll definitely have the ac charge checked

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aztral View Post
    So even if I have it on "D" it'll switch into "B" on its own correct? & yes I'll definitely have the ac charge checked
    Yes, but it will upshift into "D" almost immediately. That's why the rpm's will drop off to about 1200 rpm at 10 mph or less under light throttle. Torque peak on the Mirage's 1.2 engine is at 4k rpm so when I manually shift I use that as the shift point.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Alright gotcha thanks man helps a lot to know that also any tips on the maintenance and services?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Alright gotcha thanks man helps a lot to know that also any tips on the maintenance and services?
    If you register your vehicle on the Mitsubishi USA site as an owner you'll get a coupon for a free oil change from the dealer if your dealer didn't offer one when you purchased the car. I have checked the oil a few times on mine and have not had any issues with oil consumption. I'm a little over 3k miles now and it hasn't burned any oil. I also just recently checked the CVT fluid level and it was fine (a little difficult to accurately check because the fluid is so clear). Mitsubishi recommends 7500 mile oil changes but I'll probably stick with a 5000 mile oil change schedule. With only a 3 quart capacity, it's just not that expensive. Mirage uses 0-20w full synthetic from the factory. Mirage is a pretty simple vehicle that doesn't require a ton of maintenance.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Aztral, also I was going to tell you that what your feeling was the CVT trans.also you might feel a clunk sound if when your coming to a stop and you don't come to a conplete stop and you give it the gas real quick to go sometimes you will hear that sound. So with mine after I heard that I made sure I came to a complete stop, or give it gas slowly then it won't make that sound. So I realized I was giving it to much gas to go for the cvt to shift back into B then to D. Also the AC noise I never had that. So have yours ck out. This forum is great to recive all the help you need at the wright time. Instead of learning the hard way I hope that helps
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

Gonggong (08-23-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ...the other thing is when the ac compressor kicks on it sounds scratchy in other words it doesn't sound right...
    You mean like this?: http://youtu.be/rX5C2sJGmHU

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to R01k For This Useful Post:

Aztral (08-24-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So oil change is not required every 3,000 miles? :O

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Debuuryl the problem I came across when stopping is at a complete stop and its the same thing they explained to me earlier in this thread, but yes also what your saying is true & I really appreciate everyone trying to help

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    R01k you are right on!!! That's the same exact sound my compressor makes when it kicks in! Ive never had a car make that sound especially not new so I thought there might be a problem with it?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So oil change is not required every 3,000 miles? :O
    According the maintenance manual if you driving conditions are in the schedule 1 category it's every 3750 miles. Otherwise it's the schedule 2 category which is every 7500.

https://mcarsstatic.cachefly.net/pdf...0Non-Turbo.pdf