Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mitsubishi mirage es cvt I need help please :(

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Alright thanks man although I think mine should be schedule 2 I'm gonna stick with every 4000 miles & go from there I don't think 4000 should hurt it any

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Aztral,for your Frist oil change I would have it changed early. If it's brand new. To make sure there' no chaveings in the oil from it being new and the brake in period. Then I would have it changed at 5,000 miles. Because when I took mine in and had it done early , and the Dealer told me that they Don't Advise waiting until 7,500 . So that came from the Dealer.and when I had
    Mine done early it was dirty. So I hope that helps. As you know your oil is the life line of your motor
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

Aztral (08-24-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aztral View Post
    Alright thanks man although I think mine should be schedule 2 I'm gonna stick with every 4000 miles & go from there I don't think 4000 should hurt it any
    Agreed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Aztral (08-24-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's the same exact sound my compressor makes when it kicks in! Ive never had a car make that sound especially not new so I thought there might be a problem with it?
    It's the compressor starting low on oil. That's what the dealer and the guys here told me. It's "normal" in these cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to R01k For This Useful Post:

Aztral (08-24-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the help guys any idea on how often I should check fluids?? And major things?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The car is pretty low maintenance so other than the occasional oil check there isn't a whole lot to check. I checked my CVT fluid level the other day after a 250 mile trip just for my own piece of mind but really other than oil changes and replacing the cabin filtration filter regularly there isn't much.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Guys I need help.. So today I was driving and my mirage at 981 miles one of my tires blew out... I have the sparco wheels from dealership but my kit to change to my spare tire is different and did not fit the lug nuts on the sparco wheels called road side assistance. Anyways my rim got damaged horribly & the guy came and put the spare on but my question is what will happen to my rim? Will it get replaced with a new tire? Or do I have to put money out of my pocket for it?? Help please

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Guys I need help.. So today I was driving and my mirage at 981 miles one of my tires blew out... I have the sparco wheels from dealership but my kit to change to my spare tire is different and did not fit the lug nuts on the sparco wheels called road side assistance. Anyways my rim got damaged horribly & the guy came and put the spare on but my question is what will happen to my rim? Will it get replaced with a new tire? Or do I have to put money out of my pocket for it?? Help please
    Hmm, good question. Usually aftermarket equipment is covered under your vehicles insurance if it's been declared. Some insurance companies allow up to a certain dollar amount of non oem stuff. But you'd still have to meet your deductible. Tire Rack has the Sparco wheels for about $105 a piece I believe. Your tire is going to be covered under road hazard and since you have so few miles you'll probably get a new tire.

Don't feel too bad, I've already have had to have a flat repair done on my Enasaves.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    But "probably"?? They should definitely replace the tire, its useless completely came apart from the rim & rim got damaged as I pulled over from the highway, so why would they not cover the rim either? It's no my call that the tire blew out only at 981 miles that was a defective tire no matter what no tire blows out at that mileage on it.. And the rim was offered by Mitsubishi maybe they shouldn't offer those rims if they're not going to stand behind the product?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    But "probably"?? They should definitely replace the tire, its useless completely came apart from the rim & rim got damaged as I pulled over from the highway, so why would they not cover the rim either? It's no my call that the tire blew out only at 981 miles that was a defective tire no matter what no tire blows out at that mileage on it.. And the rim was offered by Mitsubishi maybe they shouldn't offer those rims if they're not going to stand behind the product?
    I'm not arguing against you here trust me It becomes a point of semantics sometimes with these type of issues. OK, let's look at your avenues for replacement.

1: Did you use the Mitsubishi Roadside Coverage for the assistance? If so, find out what the coverage exactly covers. There may be a avenue for rim replacement there.

2: You bought the rims at the time you purchased the vehicle correct? Then I would approach the dealer from the position that the rim should be covered just like any other dealer installed accessory for two years from installation just like if they had installed chrome strips, mudguards etc..

3: Dunlop warranties the tires, not Mitsubishi. If #1 or #2 fail to get you any results then Dunlop needs to replace the rim along with the tire due to catastrophic tire failure.

4: Your own insurance policy as a last resort.

Be methodical, write down who you talk to and their contact information as you work through this. I think you'll probably have a easier time getting a new rim then getting a new tire. Tire manufacturers are loath to admit fault on tires due to liability issues. 30 years ago Firestone fought every step of the way to deflect responsibility for their poor design SUV tires that caused a bunch of deaths. Eventually plaintiffs prevailed in court and won a huge class action against them. They ended up providing cash settlements to families and replacement tires to everyone else. Then they went bankrupt. I believe Yokohama owns the brand now.