Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mitsubishi mirage es cvt I need help please :(

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2015 Mitsubishi mirage es cvt I need help please :(

I just bought my mirage this past Monday and have experienced some issues I was just wondering if anyone could guide me through the right steps.. Thank you

Welcome to the forum, Aztral!

What kind of issues have you seen?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well first thing was the tpms but took the car to the dealership and turned out to be one of the sensors. The other thing is everytime i turn my car on the green light for the temperature turns on?? And then after 2-3 minutes it shuts off is that normal??

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yes thats normal. It doesnt have a coolant temp gauge thats just to tell u the vehicle is cold still

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome !!! Yes you will love your mirage it just takes time to get to know it. we all went threw the same thing.
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So the temp light coming on just lets me know the car is not fully warmed up yet? thanks guys. I also have another quick question referring to the ac compressor and my car when I'm at a red light or stop sign

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What happens when your at a stop light?
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well whenever I'm at a stop sign or red light and I press y brake pedal everything is fine until the car is completely stopped with my foot still on the brake pedal I feel a little jerk as if my brakes disengage and then engage back it?? Is this something due to the three cylinder engine?? I have heard about the misfire in them not sure if this is what it feels like (always been a fan of 3cyl engines finally had the opportunity to own one) the other thing is when the ac compressor kicks on it sounds scratchy in other words it doesn't sound right, just wondering if that's normal on these cars? Never had a car thats made this sound when the compressor engages (I'm a refrigeration tech on anything that has a compressor except automotive)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_20150823_101301.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  98.4 KB that's my little mirage right there got it with those rims stock from my Mitsubishi dealer sparco wheels aparrently they are offered as a add on and well it made the car look alot better than the stock wheels so I got it with these wheels on it currently sitting at 360 miles on odometer. I'm averaging 42.5 mpg which wasn't bad for me at all coming from a Lexus is300 that ran on premium fuel 93octane which makes this mirage 100x better than my old Lexus always been Mitsubishi fan at heart and I have to say I'm not disappointed at all with my Mitsubishi mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aztral View Post
    Well whenever I'm at a stop sign or red light and I press y brake pedal everything is fine until the car is completely stopped with my foot still on the brake pedal I feel a little jerk as if my brakes disengage and then engage back it?? Is this something due to the three cylinder engine?? I have heard about the misfire in them not sure if this is what it feels like (always been a fan of 3cyl engines finally had the opportunity to own one) the other thing is when the ac compressor kicks on it sounds scratchy in other words it doesn't sound right, just wondering if that's normal on these cars? Never had a car thats made this sound when the compressor engages (I'm a refrigeration tech on anything that has a compressor except automotive)
    The jerk you feel at stop is the CVT shifting into the low range. This is the "B" gear on the shifter. When you come to stop it shifts into this gear to start the car rolling then will almost immediately upshift into "D". If you want better acceleration off the line (especially with the ac on) when you come to a stop put the shifter into "B" and manually upshift into "D". I'll upshift into "D" at about 4k rpm when I want a little more zip off the line from a dead stop.

The AC compressor can be a little noisy. The level of refrigerant charge is covered until 12k. There have been a few members that had noisy compressors and have had their charge checked and it was a little low and was recharged under warranty. This seemed to alleviate the problem.

Last edited by inuvik; 08-23-2015 at 08:45 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Aztral (08-23-2015)