Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TTAC: Mitsubishi fastest growing auto brand in the U.S.A.

TTAC: Mitsubishi fastest growing auto brand in the U.S.A.

The Truth About Cars -- the blog that just loves to hate on the Mirage -- is reporting that Mitsu USA is on a tear:

Relative to their own achievements during the first seven months of 2014, no auto brand in America is growing faster through the first seven months of 2015 than Mitsubishi.

Mitsubishi?

Yes, Mitsubishi.
    And they report that the gains came from almost all its models except the iMiev and Galant, which are too low in volume to really affect the overall picture.

See the full article: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...to-brand-sort/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

beerbelly58 (09-01-2015),CLARK (09-02-2015),debburyl (09-11-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Umm where the hell is the galant still sold? It was discontinued in 2012....

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    All the blog posts in this article seem to suggest that Mitsubishi's sales are only up because they are throwing loans and keys at people with bad credit. This attitude is a hold-over from the early 2000s when they were doing that very thing.

My credit was mediocre when I bought my Mirage, and Mitsubishi wouldn't finance me. When my girlfriend bought her Mirage a few months later, Mitsubishi wouldn't finance HER, either. She has very good credit.

I think some in the auto world are just kinda desperate to downplay Mitsubishi's rise from the ashes. Sales for the brand are up because they are selling vehicles that are compelling to buy. There is no other car like the Mirage on the market, and Mitsubishi has that niche all to themselves right now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was able to get my silver one with a part-time, federal minimum wage job, with an average credit score and credit card balance.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    One of the reasons why I was not a bigger fan of Honda was they would not negotiate on price and most of the local advertising was focused on monthly payments with little reference to the sales price. Been a long time since I had any car payment. The dealership I went to after making a deal over the phone on a 2014 offered me a 2015 for $45 more. I'll take that deal any day. Best dealership experience ever, out in 32 minutes from walking in the door.

I think Mitsu sells cars all over the planet and makes a lot of non car stuff. Weren't their global vehicle sales close to a million last year? I figured they were gone but then here comes the Mirage. It was so stifling and muggy here today, I ran the AC constantly and still got very close to 50 mpg going to lunch and back.

Might as well stop looking at CL cars and bikes. There was a Suzuki X90 and a Honda CX650c (one year only) bike I was checking out today, but at 3.5 cents a mile I can't touch this car.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Thanks
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi

I'd say there are few global conglomerates with more companies than Mitsu or more economic power.

Important note, Mitsubishi is not a publicly traded corporation.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    All the blog posts in this article seem to suggest that Mitsubishi's sales are only up because they are throwing loans and keys at people with bad credit. This attitude is a hold-over from the early 2000s when they were doing that very thing.
    Yep. This comes up in the comments of EVERY SINGLE blog post I read about the Mirage on other sites. Every time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    I bought mine by cash on the table.
    Here in this part of the world, very few folks have ever had or wanted a credit card. Some folks do have EC cards, which work like credit cards, but actually are debit cards.
    Credit rating? Never ever heard that term been mentioned in this country!
    As far as myself is concerned, I have never in my life taken out a loan of any sort, nor ever had a credit card. My job is not well paid, and I am not wealthy at all, but that is also normal in this part of the world.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    I bought mine by cash on the table.
    Here in this part of the world, very few folks have ever had or wanted a credit card. Some folks do have EC cards, which work like credit cards, but actually are debit cards.
    Credit rating? Never ever heard that term been mentioned in this country!
    As far as myself is concerned, I have never in my life taken out a loan of any sort, nor ever had a credit card. My job is not well paid, and I am not wealthy at all, but that is also normal in this part of the world.
    I'd love to see it sometime... It is not possible to around here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's about time people Start Wizeing up and Buying Mitsubishi and Not Paying Attention to the Negitive Slammers out there!!! It shows you have Brains ck out a Good car like The Mirage&OutlanderSE!!! And selling to thoses with credit problems is Smart because there's a lot of people who Fell on Hard times Because they lost thier Job ! Not due to thier own Fault!

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)