Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm originally from Southern California, so I have no NFL allegience there. However, my wife is from Pittsburgh so I married into a Steeler family. We live in Columbus, which has a healthy mix of Browns, Bengals, and Steelers fans. Ravens are evil (we all know that), Bengals are less criminal than they used to be. You Browns fans though, you guys are loyal and long-suffering, and we certainly respect that.

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to the forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wellswebdesign For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-03-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    Hello!!
    That's great! Bet you get lots of attention.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That's great! Bet you get lots of attention.
    Thanks,,,, I wish that Mirage was mine! We were parked next to it. So I snapped a few pictures of it. Cool Mirage!! And Welcome to the Forum
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-03-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Welcome to the group!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-03-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Forgive me for not properly introducing myself and why I joined. My experience with this line of car goes back to it's rear-wheel drive configuration - the second generation if I understand correctly.

In 1983, I pieced together a 1976 Dodge Colt station wagon. The previous owner neglected the oil changes, and sold it to me with a seized engine. The body was a bit rough, but usable. It was blue with woodgrain.

For a parts car I bought a Plymouth Arrow whose strut towers had rusted out. The Arrow cost more than the Colt. I pulled the 2000cc engine out of the Colt and put in the 1600cc engine from the Arrow, and I had my first car. Fun times and freedom. I put a lot of interstate miles on it before I sold it out of fear that it's strut towers were about to rust out.

Thirty years later and I still like small, efficient cars. It appears their popularity is on the rise. I am considering getting a Mirage (another one??) and am watching sales for a bargain on a new model.

I am thankful for all who have shared their experiences with their Mirages on this forum, as it helps me know how it is holding up to use.

Cheers all!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-03-2015),MetroMPG (10-30-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Welcome aboard Eggman! Your previous ownership experience makes you a prime candidate for Mirage ownership. Simple, economical, reliable transportation. I previously owned a '87 Colt with a 4 speed and a bunch of Metro's. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Simple, economical, reliable transportation.
    I wish I could call it reliable! I remember having to fiddle with the ignition points frequently, and the carburetor was problematic. I for one am glad those days are over with the advent of electronic ignition, fuel injection and computer engine management. I know not everyone is a fan of OBDII, but I find it helps with troubleshooting.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thirty years later and I still like small, efficient cars. It appears their popularity is on the rise. I am considering getting a Mirage (another one??) and am watching sales for a bargain on a new model.

I am thankful for all who have shared their experiences with their Mirages on this forum, as it helps me know how it is holding up to use.

Cheers all!
    Check autotrader.com and Mentor Mitsubishi in Cleveland. We bought one from them 1mo ago, and it was the best deal back then. Now the best one in Florida, these guys:
    http://www.autotrader.com/car-dealer...rim1=MIRAGE+DE

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-03-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    Check autotrader.com and Mentor Mitsubishi in Cleveland.
    I've been watching Mentor Mitsubishi's website, and some others. I am in discussion with another dealer and am using DeLand in FL as a reference for pricing discussion. Impressive how DeLand can offer an ES for $9,607. I'm interested to hear what my dealer has to say about it.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I've been watching Mentor Mitsubishi's website, and some others. I am in discussion with another dealer and am using DeLand in FL as a reference for pricing discussion. Impressive how DeLand can offer an ES for $9,607. I'm interested to hear what my dealer has to say about it.
    Yes $9607 for ES/mt is impressive, we paid 400$ more for DE/MT. BTW Frontier is having $15 deal not sure if there are any cheap tickets from Cleveland to Orlando. DeLand is 1/2 way btw Orlando and Daytona it could be worth it if you make a mini-vacation out of it.

If you call Mentor talk to Ken we bought a car through him. Maybe they can give you something close to DeLand deal.

Good luck with negotiations. We've also used "this is manual, who's gonna buy it?" card.

Last edited by cyclopathic; 09-03-2015 at 11:55 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)