Thread: Mirage sedan confirmed for Australia for 2014

Mirage sedan confirmed for Australia for 2014

Image courtesy: http://www.theophiluschin.com - see also Mirage sedan "Concept G4" unveiled in Thailand (photos / video)

The Concept G4 sedan - a.k.a. the Mirage sedan - will be available in Oz.

Mitsubishi Australia's Corporate Communications Manager, Caitlin Beale is quoted confirming the news for 2014:

We can expect to see it join the Mirage range, complementing the hatch variants already on sale here ... "In MMC-speak, it's a concept model for [the] next-generation compact sedan, which we are planning to launch world-wide," she told motoring.com.au. There's no word yet on when exactly, other than sometime next year.
    The interesting thing is how Mitsubishi describes the positioning of the sedan: Where the hatch is typically viewed as a "first car" for many, older retirees apparently prefer a sedan as their "last car".

Full article:
    http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2013/small-passenger/mitsubishi/mirage/mitsubishi-mirage-sedan-confirmed-for-oz-36277

Additional info:

Mitsubishi Australia marketing director Tony Principe says the sedan will arrive in the second half of 2014.

The car will cost a little more than the five-door hatch, and is unlikely to be named Attrage in Australia.
    Source: http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...125-2y52j.html

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    hatch is still the best :P

Agreed!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

I agree with EtotheZ

Quote Originally Posted by EtotheZ View Post
    hatch is still the best :P
    I owned a sedan and it was hard to load things in the back- like my push bike or lawn mower.
    The hatch is much easier for us girls.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 47.4 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.9 mpg (Imp)

Added another tidbit of info to the first post: apparently it's the "second half" of 2014 for the sedan in Australia.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I still love sedans ....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

Image courtesy: http://www.theophiluschin.com - see also Mirage sedan "Concept G4" unveiled in Thailand (photos / video)

The Concept G4 sedan - a.k.a. the Mirage sedan - will be available in Oz.

Mitsubishi Australia's Corporate Communications Manager, Caitlin Beale is quoted confirming the news for 2014:

The interesting thing is how Mitsubishi describes the positioning of the sedan: Where the hatch is typically viewed as a "first car" for many, older retirees apparently prefer a sedan as their "last car".

Full article:
    http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2013/small-passenger/mitsubishi/mirage/mitsubishi-mirage-sedan-confirmed-for-oz-36277

Additional info:

Source: http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...125-2y52j.html

I would like to see more than one engine available for this car. I like the design.

I bought a Geo Metro sedan for my wife back in the 90s. I was driving the hatch 2 door.

I found something that made me start to hand tap my desktop...

Thanks MetroMPG

Keep the Faith!

-Zxit
    Zxit say... It's a Mirage. LoL! But I love it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I like the look of the front bumper and headlights on the sedan

I'm not a big fan. There's nothing in the sedan's design in keeping with Mitsu's family "face". I don't see any continuity!

---

Zxit - I agree. It would be great if they offered 2 engines in the sedan: the hatchback 1.2, or a 1.2 turbo (Mirage turbo 1.2L or 1.0L for the U.S.? Some recent chatter from Mitsu execs)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I'm not a big fan. There's nothing in the sedan's design in keeping with Mitsu's family "face". I don't see any continuity!

---

Zxit - I agree. It would be great if they offered 2 engines in the sedan: the hatchback 1.2, or a 1.2 turbo (Mirage turbo 1.2L or 1.0L for the U.S.? Some recent chatter from Mitsu execs)
    MetroMPG...

I like the looks of the Mirage sedan and what I would like to see is an hybrid engine not a turbo. I just traded a turbo VW Beetle covertible and I own a Nissan Juke turbo. Yes, I suppose if the app. was for IMA than it could help but you have to keep an eye on over heating issues.
    I'm also against an all electric Mirage it would be a waste of money at this time. I would concentrate my efforts on the I-MiEV to have a greater range then 60 miles per charge more like 300. LoL!

I've test driven the I-MiEV and did a little video, I wonder what I did with it?

Keep the Faith!

-Zxit

Zxit say... It's a Mirage. LoL! But I love it.