Thread: GT Radial Champiro 128

Country
    United States
    Thanks

GT Radial Champiro 128

I'm only at 2500 miles but am already looking for when the time comes to replace the Enasaves. I personally have no gripes about them but will likely not use them again due to the price of them. I expect 20-30k out of the Enasaves. This may be the replacement when they go.

http://www.gtradial-us.com/en/CHAMPIRO_128.html

460-A-A treadwear rating
    60,000 mile warranty

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burghbeagle View Post
    I'm only at 2500 miles but am already looking for when the time comes to replace the Enasaves. I personally have no gripes about them but will likely not use them again due to the price of them. I expect 20-30k out of the Enasaves. This may be the replacement when they go.

http://www.gtradial-us.com/en/CHAMPIRO_128.html

460-A-A treadwear rating
    60,000 mile warranty
    From my experience, GT Radial Champiro (or Runway Enduro) are excellent tires. I believe Michelin owns a stake in Giti Tire. Reputable company.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomrad View Post
    From my experience, GT Radial Champiro (or Runway Enduro) are excellent tires. I believe Michelin owns a stake in Giti Tire. Reputable company.
    Federal apparently makes a tire in our size as well. Pretty cheap!

https://www.onlinetires.com/products...s-657+79t.html

I am hoping my Dunlops last until Black Friday. Some pretty damned good tire deals on Black Friday.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Looks good, heard good things about them as well

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Don't post about any sort of Chinese tires on certain websites - you get crucified for that!

I put a set of GT Radial Adventuro AT3s on my father's pickup earlier this year. They seem to be a great tire - to the point that I don't think we are going to bother with its winter tires this year! I also ordered a set of the IcePro for my focus this winter. The studded winterforce dug too many parking lots out. Got the Icepro for $38.25 after rebates - with free shipping.

They seem to be one of the better "knockoff" tire companies.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I ran Yokohamas on my old Mirage, I'm running Bridgestone Potenzas right now... They're a pretty good tyre that's for sure but its Bridgestone, so I expect great tyres from them....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    I ran Yokohamas on my old Mirage, I'm running Bridgestone Potenzas right now... They're a pretty good tyre that's for sure but its Bridgestone, so I expect great tyres from them....
    I have the OEM Yokohama Geolanders on my wife's Subaru Forester and have no complaints. I had Yokohama Avid Tourings on my 2002 Accent and they were pretty good tires. Yokohama does not make a 165/65-14 tire for the Mirage here in the States. The Bridgestone Potenza RE92 is almost as expensive as the Enasave and has an even worse treadwear rating (260 A B) They also got horrid reviews on TireRack across the board.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.5 mpg (Imp)