Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Versa Note (vs. Mirage)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They Do rent a Mirage. I live close to the car rental in SeaTac WA. And I see rental Mirages all the time. Once u start driving one you get hooked on them. I haven't had any problems with the CVT! Besides you have a 10yr warraunty to fix any problems should they occur. You can't Beat that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    MetroMPG-

Same here, I just love the growl of the 3 cylinder.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    This is exactly what I'm looking for. I do like that the Mirage is the first cousin is the Metro. Didn't know they were having problems with the engines. I did know people were complaining about the cvt trans tho. If it is the same one that's in the Mirage, then should we be worried???? (Those that have a CVT) People on the Versa forum are beating the EPA numbers, as are a lot of you here, with the beloved Mirage. I have reserved one from Enterprise rental tomorrow, for the weekend & I'll put it through the paces. Can't find anybody renting a Mirage yet & I didn't want to ask the dealer for an extended test until I'm closer to a final decision. Keep the info coming please & thank you.
    Great idea to rent this for the weekend for a trial...After owning the Mirage for over a year and 15,000+ miles, I am totally satisfied with it. When I bought it I was not expecting to like it so much as it is a relatively inexpensive car and I was always a more Acura/Lexus type on guy rather that Honda/Toyota. I do drive on gravel roads quite a bit and have noticed the car does ride very well over washboard/pothole filled roads. We have a 4wd 2009 Kia Sportage which is also a nice vehicle with a better sound system. However, both of us will choose to drive the Mirage instead. A feature I enjoy most is the push button start system on out Mirage ES. We can keep the keys in our pocket, walk up to the vehicle push the button on either the hatch or drivers door to unlock it, get in and push the button to start and go without the hastle of getting keys out. Don't remember if the Note comes with this feature or not, but it is really a convenient feature. Good luck in your decision making!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The SV model does not have the push button start. Boo.... My wifes car has that & it's a very nice feature. Do you have a CVT or manual? What's your gas mileage like? City or country driving? Thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    Great idea to rent this for the weekend for a trial...After owning the Mirage for over a year and 15,000+ miles, I am totally satisfied with it. When I bought it I was not expecting to like it so much as it is a relatively inexpensive car and I was always a more Acura/Lexus type on guy rather that Honda/Toyota. I do drive on gravel roads quite a bit and have noticed the car does ride very well over washboard/pothole filled roads. We have a 4wd 2009 Kia Sportage which is also a nice vehicle with a better sound system. However, both of us will choose to drive the Mirage instead. A feature I enjoy most is the push button start system on out Mirage ES. We can keep the keys in our pocket, walk up to the vehicle push the button on either the hatch or drivers door to unlock it, get in and push the button to start and go without the hastle of getting keys out. Don't remember if the Note comes with this feature or not, but it is really a convenient feature. Good luck in your decision making!
    Oh SNAPS!! I never knew about the black buttton on the driver's door and the hatch. That's just awesome! I figured the black covers were just rubber plugs where the key would go. Never knew they were actually functional door entry and locking. Too cool!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    The SV model does not have the push button start. Boo.... My wifes car has that & it's a very nice feature. Do you have a CVT or manual? What's your gas mileage like? City or country driving? Thanks
    We have the 5 speed manual. My wife did not know how to drive it and was afraid of it at first, but now she is a pro and loves it. Mileage has been pretty steady in the upper 40's to low 50's driving hwy about 60mph. Winter mileage was upper 30's to low 40's though as we usually warmed it up for about 5 to 10 minutes defrost the windows and also had snow tires on it. Driving gravel roads about 40 mph in 4th gear still get close to 50mpg. Driving in town also upper 40's. As someone else stated the motor does sound awesome. Both my wife and I agree we want to get a louder exhaust on it so we can enjoy the cool sounds the triple makes...other than that we did install an ebay armrest/console that was about $30 and also got the weathertech floor mats that really do a good job at containing the salty/slush from out boots in winter. We live in the extreme snow belt of the upper peninsula of Michigan so another selling point of this vehicle is Mitsubishi's 7 year 100,000 mile corrosion warranty. Most vehicles up here tend to start rusting after 5 or so years do to all the salt on the roads in the winter and the heavy dew/fog we get in the morning in the summer being so close to lake Superior. Time will tell how it holds up rust wise as we do love it and plan on keeping it. My opinion is it is a very tough well built vehicle that is actually priced right, fun to drive, and very economical.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Oh SNAPS!! I never knew about the black buttton on the driver's door and the hatch. That's just awesome! I figured the black covers were just rubber plugs where the key would go. Never knew they were actually functional door entry and locking. Too cool!
    it is an awesome feature! the one on the hatch will unlock all doors and hatch if you press it once, the drivers side will unlock the drivers door if you press it once, all the doors if you press it twice. I did change the settings on this(in the manual on how to change it) so the drivers door button will now unlock all doors if pressed once. I had to do this as the wife did not appreciate me unlocking the drivers door only as she stood outside in the cold waiting to get in the passenger side haha. Very convenient feature as it seams I always have my hands full when getting in the car and will end up dropping everything trying to get at my keys.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Read my compare of Prius C and Mirage. IMHO if you are a stretch commuter MPG is a critical part.

Versa will cost you more, and Mirage has the lowest TOC of any car sold in US. Chevy Spark, Prius C andVersa are competing for 2nd.

If you don't drive alot then it is more about car than MPG

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Easiest answer. The note looks stupid and cost more. Shorter warranty and less mileage.

What choice is there really?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Cost, features, MPG, warranty.

Mirage has the Versa Note beat on all of these. Being a fellow 'Metro guy', I know these are things you care about!