Thread: Small car enthusiast from Canada

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Small car enthusiast from Canada

Hi there! Darin here.

I'm a big fan of small cars that get great fuel economy.

Over the years I've gone through a few fuel-sippers (and the occasional gas hog), including these 3-cylinder beasties (and one "former" 3-cylinder):

• 1998 Pontiac Firefly (Suzuki-engineered, Canadian market Geo/Chevrolet Metro) 1.0L, 5-speed;
    • 2000 Honda Insight, hybrid 1.0L, 5-speed;
    • 1991 Geo Metro electric - I yanked out the 1.0L engine and converted this one to battery-electric drive
    • 1992 Pontiac Firefly convertible 1.0L, 5-speed (currently in storage... this is a future fixxer-upper)

So, based on my automotive history you can see why Mitsubishi caught my attention with the announcement of a light weight, 3-cylinder Mirage, designed for efficiency. That's the reason Tim (Daox) & I decided to dedicate a forum to the car.

Yet despite having a driveway littered with efficient cars, I actually ride my bicycle around town most of the time.

Oh, and I'm also a co-founder/administrator at EcoModder.com, a community focused on improving fuel economy through vehicle modifications & driving techniques.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

skajan (05-02-2014),socal6g (11-19-2013)