Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuning and stronger engine mount

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Tuning and stronger engine mount

Hey yall, I just wanted to check and see if anyone has gotten some word on if there is any tune available for the mirage besides the speedlabs one.. maybe something like the accessport for mazdaspeeds and subarus, that way I can log data and have a tuner make different maps based on the data.. also if there is any word on stronger motor mounts i'll be interested in those as well. I autox my mirage and on some hard up/down shifts I can hear the motor smack the stock mount to the limit.. if there isn't one I might just fabricate a solid mount.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    there is someone who fitted 4G63 YMMV (as vary very much).

We joked about putting Hayabusa engine in. There are kits for Smart and they may work as Smart uses 3A9 mitsu engine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Haha yeah that would be pretty cool, same with doin a 4g or 4b swap.. but I would like to stick with the 3a92 cuz I like the sound and unique-ness of it. I eventually want to turbo the 3 cylinder, hopefully the internals can handle like double the stock hp

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    search youtube there is a video of some Malaysian tuner working on turbo kit. Not sure if it will be offered as a product and if you will be able to get it in US.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bkessinger1109 View Post
    Haha yeah that would be pretty cool, same with doin a 4g or 4b swap.. but I would like to stick with the 3a92 cuz I like the sound and unique-ness of it. I eventually want to turbo the 3 cylinder, hopefully the internals can handle like double the stock hp
    Unless you're thinking about really low level of boost 7-10psi you'll have to find a way to reduce compression if you want to run 14-20psi. With 10.5:1 compression on the stock 3A92 you'd run some serious risk of way too much pressure for the stock crank could handle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah I've seen it like well over a year ago, they didn't show any numbers of what it made or how much boost.. as far as I know they didn't make an actual kit for sale or anything.. the vids just showed it on the dyno and a couple street pulls but no details or data

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Unless you're thinking about really low level of boost 7-10psi you'll have to find a way to reduce compression if you want to run 14-20psi. With 10.5:1 compression on the stock 3A92 you'd run some serious risk of way too much pressure for the stock crank could handle.
    yeah I wouldn't wanna run more than that 7-10psi, until later on when I need to rebuild it.. hopefully by then there will be more performance parts for the engine but I kinda doubt it.. I think a lot of things will have to be custom made for the 3a92

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hayabusa engine makes 190 and can be blown to 350 or so.

Not much more torque, just 11k redline

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not sure if the mirage needs stiffer mounts. The engine is quite rattly...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Not sure if the mirage needs stiffer mounts. The engine is quite rattly...
    3 cylinders almost always exhibit some vibration at low rpm's. I think the 3A92 is really smooth above idle. It's definitely eager to rev with no issues.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)