Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video: Mirage with magnaflow muffler

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts

Video: Mirage with magnaflow muffler

I just found this while searching around on craigslist.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Comments at YouTube:

Konrad Checinski 5 months ago

This is like putting on spinners on a bicycle... Why?
    Sean Murray 5 months ago

Mainly for saftey. This is a small car, I would rather it make a little noise so others know I'm present.
    Oh no! Loud pipes save lives? Better aim that pipe out the front of the car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Honestly, it sounds good. I bet it sounds better in person. Magnaflow sounds good in my brothers civic. Nice tone, no drone, loud when you need it to be.

He put the wrong comment down. Should have given himself a compliment rather than use the safety route.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Wonder what a glass pack would sound like?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-25-2015)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Comments at YouTube:

Oh no! Loud pipes save lives? Better aim that pipe out the front of the car.
    Loud cars do saves lives. Always have people step out in front of my mirage, it's too quiet. Look at the Toyota Prius, same thing happens. No noise, people always forget to look left and right, step out and nearly get hit.
    MY old car had a loud as exhaust, no one ever stepped out in front.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mistah JT For This Useful Post:

Cani Lupine (10-10-2015)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It does sound pretty good inside the car. I wonder what it sounds like outside the car though. I've seen and heard a lot of 4 cylinder cars that sounded great inside the car, but sounded absolutely horrible outside the car.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think if it's planned out right with a really good exhaust shop it makes all the difference. If you just go the route of slapping a muffler on your car without touching anything else it sometimes won't give you what you want. I went to Lou's custom exhaust in mass last year, and left with my car sounding perfect. No buzz, no drone and I've had people say it sounds like a six.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstreak View Post
    I think if it's planned out right with a really good exhaust shop it makes all the difference. If you just go the route of slapping a muffler on your car without touching anything else it sometimes won't give you what you want. I went to Lou's custom exhaust in mass last year, and left with my car sounding perfect. No buzz, no drone and I've had people say it sounds like a six.
    That is what I want... my car doesn't sound like other Mirages. It already sounds like a British 6... like an old Jag. I just want it louder. And I am scared that it's gonna turn out as some buzzy import fart box sound. What did Lou put on your car?
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    After watching some videos of the 1.3 in the Mirage and Ford's 1.0L ... I'm taking the same opinion I have on inline 6s. I don't think you can make an inline 3 sound bad - buzzy/"Ricey" whatever you want to call it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to M-88 For This Useful Post:

silverstreak (10-09-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Basic, He removed the second cat that's not providing feedback to the computer.( Check your state laws) then from there back we went with 1.75 to a 2 inch proprietary muffler in the stock location, then 1.75 to the back. I really feel if I went 2 inches all the way I would have lost some low end grunt.