Thread: U.K: Is the Mirage’s eco-cred more than just an illusion? (thegreencarwebsite.co.uk)

U.K: Is the Mirage’s eco-cred more than just an illusion? (thegreencarwebsite.co.uk)

This site's focus is on the fuel economy & emissions. They do a full review:

Like...

- sub 100g/km = road tax exemption
    - one of the better start/stop systems
    - SHOCKER: they actually compliment the exterior styling

Don't like...

- interior style & materials "feels it has driven straight out of 1994."
    - rear seat comfort
    - handling dynamics
    - parking sensors too sensitive

Overall...

...if you want a car to get you around without hitting your pocket or the environment too much, this just about fulfils the brief.
    Full article & photos: http://www.thegreencarwebsite.co.uk/...t-an-illusion/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

This is one of the few articles I can recall that mentions the car's "regenerative braking" -- in this case a point raised under the "Eco-cred" heading. But the reviewer doesn't really describe it at all, other than mentioning that it's there.

(He spends more time talking about the "eco-assist" display in the cluster.)

Would be interesting to get more info about it. I'd guess it's alternator-based, where it generates much more current when the brake pedal is pressed, or possibly in engine over-run mode (releasing the accelerator while in gear).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)