Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying a trailer for my Mirage tomorrow!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I guess better late than never! I didn't want to butcher my wiring and I didn't know what harness mitsubishi cars used that would work with my Mirage so I never got trailer wiring. I just did a search and of course there is a plug and play kit... DOH! CURT 56223 is the adapter kit to allow a 4 wire trailer harness to be used.

I found one on ebay for $35 shipped cheapest... 2 minutes searching online I found one here...

https://jet.com/product/Curt-56223-T...b86116765720a4

for $35 with free shipping, BUT first time buyers get 20% off first order so I ended up paying under $28 shipped! Can't wait to hook up my little trailer again!

Last edited by alex16; 10-17-2015 at 11:15 AM.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Thoraxe the Impaler LetItMarinate's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just got a trailer too but I'm wondering how the heck I wire up the car. I've done it to trucks before but not a car. Any tips or thoughts?
    Shake and bake baby

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LetItMarinate View Post
    I just got a trailer too but I'm wondering how the heck I wire up the car. I've done it to trucks before but not a car. Any tips or thoughts?
    There are adapters for this that avoid causing problems with the bulb monitors in today's cars. You can find one by browsing the website of towing equipment manufacturers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Thoraxe the Impaler LetItMarinate's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I ended up splicing into the brake lights. The trailer lights work but I have no braking or turning indicators. Some day I'll get an adapter but this works for now. I'll post pictures after this snow and artic air passes ��
    Shake and bake baby

Quote Originally Posted by LetItMarinate View Post
    I ended up splicing into the brake lights. The trailer lights work but I have no braking or turning indicators. Some day I'll get an adapter but this works for now. I'll post pictures after this snow and artic air passes ��
    Unfortunately the easiest way for cars that use separate circuits for signal and brake lights is to just buy an adapter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

LetItMarinate (03-04-2019)