Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a trailer for my Mirage tomorrow!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Buying a trailer for my Mirage tomorrow!

I finally found one I like for the price I want to pay. Its very low to the ground with tiny tires and a 1.5K axle. The dinky tires are new and the main floor of the frame is aluminum! The current owner says the trailer can be lifted by hand, tilts back and can tilt sideways, weighs approx 160 lbs total which is about 80-100 less than harbor freight folding trailer I was looking at getting. Also has a clear title. I think the tiny tires, low to the ground profile, low weight will be a pretty good eco trailer! I'll be using it to transport a snow blower, engine/transmission for my project cobalt (will be using my recently purchased 2010 cobalt xfe for uber abuse), tool box, furniture for the apartment, heater for my garage, I'll even use it for my bicycle for now until I get a bike rack.. why not.

Name:  00C0C_dtcEQEwBWM6_600x450.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  40.0 KB

Name:  00707_6hQPsm2Ri2L_600x450.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  38.4 KB

2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Oh I really like that...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Wouldn't hurt to pack the wheel bearings before you do any hauling with it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Pryme (03-03-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice! +1 on repacking the wheel bearings, especially on those 8" tires. LOT of rotations on those bad boys. I'd def get some bearing buddies for that. I just recently got a 4x6T (tilt) Carry-on trailer from Tractor Supply Co. has 2k axle, weighs 250lbs with a payload of 1750lbs. I'll be installing 3/4 plywood on mine, with 2 motorcycle wheel chocks to transport the wife and I's moto's (main reason I bought it). But I have no doubt I will use it for other things. How much did you steal this guy for?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    $200 yes no doubt checking bearings re packing and setting pre load to my personal preference is a must! Has a clear title as well. I love that harbor freight has wheels and tires for $30 each.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  19.7 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  19.8 KB

Pulls like nothing is behind me! Noisy empty trailer of course.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    that is awesome!!!! gotta find something like that to pull around my 16' kayaks...

Mitsubishi Technician live4redline's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The tiny trailer still looks bigger then the car, lolz.

Someone needs to get a picture of a Mirage pulling a trailer that's loaded with Fiesta or something. Then we can post some smart ass comment about it "still" getting better gas mileage then the competition.
    Daily: 2017 Mirage G4 SE - Not Boosted Yet!

Current Project: Working on legitimate Mirage Tuning

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I picked it up with one hand on each side to put it on jack stands to check the bearings. It was recently packed and had tons of grease in the hubs (the way I prefer) without any water contamination, the bearings are in good shape but the pre load was very loose on the passenger side. Re packed and tightened to my preference, I like loose as possible without feeling any movement side to side in the wheel when pulling it out/pushing it in but that's just my preference. They also have the tire/wheel mounted at harbor freight $30 a tire w/coupon and taxes =$25 each, so this trailer will be so cheap to run, 8'' tires average 10-14K miles from what I've been told. I plan on mounting a harbor freight tire mounter as well to the trailer. (not sure where else to mount it)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by live4redline View Post
    The tiny trailer still looks bigger then the car, lolz.

Someone needs to get a picture of a Mirage pulling a trailer that's loaded with Fiesta or something. Then we can post some smart ass comment about it "still" getting better gas mileage then the competition.
    I would name it "How to get better MPG in your Fiesta"

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

live4redline (10-10-2015)