Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Tires to fit Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    I had asked about them but noone seems to have first hand experience with them. There are some $40 options online:
    http://m.tirerack.com/tires/TireResu...ltering=true#0
    https://www.tiresavings.com/tireShop...n=findCombined

Personally the RT43 are $56ea, General runs $50 off set of 4 from time to time, and they have very good reviews for 2nd tier tire. Good grip, handling and rolling for non-LRR tire. We got ~8k out of them at the moment, and they look like new. On Mirage they will last way more than 65k warranty.
    Thank you for this feedback.

I see the General Altimax RT43 Tire 185/60R14 82H Tire for $64 each at Walmart with free "ship to store"

http://www.walmart.com/ip/General-Al...4-82H/42955369

Yes, that looks like a much better deal for a better tire.

$64 each at Walmart but free shipping and thats a huge consideration compared to the $80 shipping that you pay at other websites

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Tirerack and timesaving charge $11-12 per tire for shipping so Walmart is better deal?

Check for General rebates they run them every year.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

fc321 (02-24-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    Tirerack and timesaving charge $11-12 per tire for shipping so Walmart is better deal?

Check for General rebates they run them every year.
    Tire Rack $224 + 62.40 shipping = $286.40 (No rebate promotion currently available)

Walmart $256 + 7% sales tax in Florida = $273.92

Difference = $12.48 Maybe it is actually worth it to save a trip to Walmart and wait at the customer service line to pick up the tires and then you have to lug them back to the car (will take at least 2 trips to walk them over to the car if you are alone assuming you can carry 2 tires at a time; each tire in its own separate box)

Also the satisfaction that $17.92 sales tax will not go to the State government that I hate with a passion.

EDIT: They are $265.92 shipped from https://www.tirebuyer.com and an extra 4.5% cashback if you click thru ebates.com first
    Last edited by fc321; 02-23-2016 at 11:03 PM. Reason: added info

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just beware that at RT43 felt squirmly at typical pressures (this is likely a problem with many wider tires on narrow OEM rims), so we had to pump them up to higher pressures. The max rated pressure on H RT43 is 51, and having pressure in upper 40s gives good handling and MPG, but maybe not the best comfort on pothole infested roads. Not TrueContact but still much better than OEMs in wet, and not bad in snow for A+S tire.

Also they took really long time to break in, 2-3k. I am guessing they might last 100k in such light car as Mirage. Initial MPG drop was big, I was no longer getting readings in 50s, but after break in they are half way back. Still probably worse than Enasaves but those hard to better. IMHO Enasaves might be the best MPG tire in US market.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

fc321 (07-20-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We have the H rated RT43 in a 175/65-15 for the '13 FIT . Handle corners fine . Keep them at 35 > 37 . Very little impact on gas mileage . Original tires were DUNLOP SP31 that are a Low Rolling Resistant tire . Here's some proof . . The '11 had the SP31 and then Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 H-rated L.R.R. tires . You'll notice not much difference in overall F.E.. The '11 now has General Altimax Arctic with studs in 180/60-15 . They've had some impact . The '13 still has the RT43s' .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just thought I would chime in. I purchased a set of Toyo Extensa A/S tires from treaddepot.com last November. They are 185/60r14, and I got a screaming deal. They were having a Black Friday sale plus free shipping. I believe I paid $240 total, then had them mounted locally.

They're a good handling all-season tire, and they get rave reviews for their durability. I lost a few MPGs at first, but my mileage has gone back up after a few months.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angrybeaver For This Useful Post:

cyclopathic (05-22-2016),flatbroke (05-22-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would be tempted to go with those $50 specials.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    How do you feel about the Douglas All-Season Tire 185/60R14 82H SL on the stock rims?

They are $50 shipped to the local Walmart and then I can have them mounted, balanced and installed at a mom and pop tire repair shop for $5 each

http://www.walmart.com/ip/185-60R14-...-Tire/46633819

I am looking for best gas milage as the primary concern

It says these are produced exclusively for Walmart by GoodYear and good for 40,000 miles

I realize that this thread is years old but I worked in the Auto Center at Walmart for 10 years and the Douglas Tires are made just for Walmart by Goodyear as are some of the Goodyear branded tires that Walmart sells. The Douglas line are very good tires. Especially so for a budget tire and I have run several sets on them on different vehicles. I am generally not a fan of Goodyear products but in my time of working with them the Douglas tires have proven to be excellent. In fact they have in my experience been far better than many Goodyear tires that I have experienced that cost much more.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerF765 View Post
    I realize that this thread is years old but I worked in the Auto Center at Walmart for 10 years and the Douglas Tires are made just for Walmart by Goodyear as are some of the Goodyear branded tires that Walmart sells. The Douglas line are very good tires. Especially so for a budget tire and I have run several sets on them on different vehicles. I am generally not a fan of Goodyear products but in my time of working with them the Douglas tires have proven to be excellent. In fact they have in my experience been far better than many Goodyear tires that I have experienced that cost much more.
    Hey RogerF765 that's a good endorsement from someone who has seen lots of examples. Thanks for sharing this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hey RogerF765 that's a good endorsement from someone who has seen lots of examples. Thanks for sharing this.
    No problem, Glad to give any information that can be a help to others.