Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First major problem at 74000 Miles (AC compressor bearing failure)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    Bedford Mitsubishi is closing? There website says nothing like that
    Yeah I went to the dealer. They were redirecting everyone to the kia dealer next. Talked to the guy and he says the dealership is closing down.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That sucks. I hate seeing mitsu dealers close down. There used to be 2 dealers in my city. Both gone. I was in talks with Mitsubishi about opening a mitsu lot in my town and they said no. Closest dealer is an hour away. Im in a good sized city and they still wont let me open one!
    I love everything about Mitsubishi!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    That sucks. I hate seeing mitsu dealers close down. There used to be 2 dealers in my city. Both gone. I was in talks with Mitsubishi about opening a mitsu lot in my town and they said no. Closest dealer is an hour away. Im in a good sized city and they still wont let me open one!
    I bought my car at valley view mitsubishi in jan of 2014 they shut it down in march or april of 2014. I then started using bedford mitsubishi and now this one is closing down too.....I just cant win. I live in Mansfield and work in Cleveland so I only have a few dealers left to go to. That are reasonable. Sunnyside and mentor are somewhat close.....and then theres the one in Columbus. All of them are at least an hour and 20 minutes away from me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Thanks for the update Rkt Ship!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkt Ship View Post
    Trying to drive to Sunnyside from Bedford Heights at 8am is a fool's errand.
    Oh, I thought you were coming from Mansfield as that is what you have as your location. Good to hear positive feedback for Mentor. I've heard good about Sunnyside too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Oh, I thought you were coming from Mansfield as that is what you have as your location. Good to hear positive feedback for Mentor. I've heard good about Sunnyside too.
    I normally do but since Bedford mitsubishi is right up the road from my work I decided to go there. You know easier to get to and from the shop if I need a ride etc. Then arriving and finding out they were closing down I had to go from there.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I also approached Bedford Mitsubishi about their inventory as it is/was listed online. They told me that Mitsubishi is pulling out of North America. All their inventory of Mirages and other models were in the Zoom storage lot on Broadway, and that the Mazda of Bedford dealership was working on becoming a certified Mitsubishi dealer. Once they get things arranged, they would start offering those cars for sale. I called Mazda of Bedford a couple weeks ago and they still were not ready to sell the Mitsubishis.

Since you are nearby, have a look at the parking lot across Broadway from the Mazda of Bedford dealership. I'm curious to know if those cars are still there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    They told me that Mitsubishi is pulling out of North America.
    Say what??
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkt Ship View Post
    It's not considered drivetrain. And my b2b went out 15k ago.
    Yikes! I don't feel so bad about buying the extended warranty now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Say what??
    Dealer was just blowing smoke to cover their shutdown. Mitsubishi would not be certifying new dealers if they were going to pull the plug. No dealer would go through the expense and training to gain a brand just to have it shut down.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)