Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daytime Running Lights - What No One Tells You

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek View Post
    Does anyone have the details on the OEM DRL kit (MZ331150)? What is included? Where does it get power and control from? Mitsubishi states that it only takes an hour to install, but I'm guessing that like the fog lights, step one is to totally remove the front bumper. I really don't want to run control wires through the firewall.
    You get the DRL's and all of the cabling you need. The cabling that goes through your firewall is already in place on all models, so connecting the DRL's on the exterior of the car is as straightforward as removing a cap from the already-in-place wiring harness and plugging in the cabling that comes in the kit.

HOWEVER, actually putting the DRL's in place and routing the new wiring harness requires removing the front bumper entirely. More difficult is connecting the DRL's to your main computer inside the cabin - you will need to completely rip out your entire dash to be able to do it. You will then also need to flash your computer to actually enable the DRL functionality.

So, the kit comes with everything you need except for the tools to completely disassemble your vehicle, flash your computer via the OBDII port, and maybe some IcyHot for your soon-to-be-sore body.

I don't think you have to remove the entire dash to access the ecu.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I don't think you have to remove the entire dash to access the ecu.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you can plug in and route the DRL interior harness without removing the dash, your fingers are longer, nimbler, and stronger than mine.

Best of luck!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you can plug in and route the DRL interior harness without removing the dash, your fingers are longer, nimbler, and stronger than mine.

Best of luck!
    Thanks for the detailed response. I just added the LED fog lights and experienced removing the front bumper. I really don't want to do all that with the interior and still need to take it to a dealer to activate it. With the fog lights there were two good Youtube videos that showed how to activate the fog lights, but nothing on the DRLs. i'll wait a bit and let the dealer do it.

Thanks again,
    Zeek

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    look for this relay socket if yours have it, its already outside.Name:  Screenshot 2022-05-04 124051.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  89.9 KBName:  Screenshot 2022-05-04 124157.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  87.2 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    There's actually software you can use to update your ETACS, and there's a setting to enable the DRL in the etacs. I've changed a whole bunch of stuff using this.

You can find the software here. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...free-No-limits