Didn't see one of these, so figured I'd post. First oil change was done by the dealership (free). It was that time again, so I knocked this out today. I am not responsible for any damage to your car caused by following this DIY. Grab some eye protection. I've had oil splash in my eyes before. Not fun
1. Raise the front of the car by either using ramps or a jack stands.
2. Oil and filter I used.
3. You need to remove the front lower plastic tray to get better access to the oil filter. I used a flathead screwdriver.
4. Picture of the drain plug and oil filter.
5. Remove the oil cap on the top of the engine. Drain the oil by removing the drain plug. You'll need a 17mm socket or wrench. Your choice. Be careful since it may be hot. Have something to catch the oil with. When it's done draining, reinstall plug. Remember... snug. No need to get crazy incredible hulk on this as you run the risk of stripping the pan. Or if you'd like, use a torque wrench.
**I decided to replace the drain plug with a magnetic one.
**I used this filter removal tool.
6. Remove the oil filter. Again... be careful since it may be hot. Loosen the filter slowly. Oil will start running down the front of the engine so make sure you have something to catch it with.