Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rockford Fosgate Edition Mirage (U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    They watch the forum. Its free feedback their marketing department doesn't need to pay for. How often or how much it effects decisions is another question.
    IMHO the biggest issue with professional reviewers that they view sub-compacts as real cars. In US Mirage will never be a family/mainstream car, and applying the same set of criteria while reviewing it is like reviewing MB or Lexus side by side with Accord or Camry.

Mirage is a cheap alternative to used car, good car for high school/college kid, city car, car for single young adult, a backup or purpose commuter for multi-car family. As such it is a) cheap, b) frugal, c) reliable, d) has adequate power and basic necessities like A/C and radio.

Car enthusiast would wanna see it better handling and prettier, but it is good enough as is for what it is. Single women would appreciate Mitsubishi warranties, and if you drive 10k a year or less and got full warranty it will last you 10 years.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    IMHO the biggest issue with professional reviewers that they view sub-compacts as real cars. In US Mirage will never be a family/mainstream car, and applying the same set of criteria while reviewing it is like reviewing MB or Lexus side by side with Accord or Camry.

Mirage is a cheap alternative to used car, good car for high school/college kid, city car, car for single young adult, a backup or purpose commuter for multi-car family. As such it is a) cheap, b) frugal, c) reliable, d) has adequate power and basic necessities like A/C and radio.

Car enthusiast would wanna see it better handling and prettier, but it is good enough as is for what it is. Single women would appreciate Mitsubishi warranties, and if you drive 10k a year or less and got full warranty it will last you 10 years.
    Quite true. Car reviewers also, for some reason, expect every car sold today to roar from 0-60 in around eight seconds...even cars designed very specifically for extreme economy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

debburyl (12-24-2015)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    "Mitsubishi fixed the Mirage" I didn't know mine was broke.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Cobra jet ,,,, I liked your post!! People Need to wake up and Realize not Everyone Drives like a Idiot!!! Burning Rubber at every Stop Sign!!! Going Where?????? No where!!!! Thier in a Hurry for a Accident!!! Then they wonder Why they get into a accident ??? Everyone is in a big Hurry!! They need to slow down and Buy a Mirage and enjoy Life!!! And put a Stop to Negitive reporters
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Did anyone end up nabbing one of these?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't think they are out yet. The RF is a new model for '17, right?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    According to the press release it was for the 2015 model year.

...announced a new trim to the fuel-efficient 2015 Mirage, the Rockford Fosgate® Edition.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    According to the press release it was for the 2015 model year.
    It isn't a selectable option on Mitsubishi's site, and never has been...to my knowledge, at least. If you try to 'build your own' Mirage there, the RF trim isn't listed. It's just the DE and ES. I have never seen one in inventory at any of my local dealers, either. Something tells me that this press release may have been erroneous.

Maybe it was offered in other markets, but I don't think it exists here yet.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    It isn't a selectable option on Mitsubishi's site, and never has been...to my knowledge, at least. If you try to 'build your own' Mirage there, the RF trim isn't listed. It's just the DE and ES. I have never seen one in inventory at any of my local dealers, either. Something tells me that this press release may have been erroneous.

Maybe it was offered in other markets, but I don't think it exists here yet.
    Maybe this has been posted already but I found a Mitsubishi web page that describes it as Retail Order Code MG44-C.

2015 Mirage Pricing

Boardman Mitsubishi is advertising a MG44-C for sale, the retail order code for the Rockford Fosgate.

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES Stock #M2779

Simply wild. Get yours today.

I wonder what size speaker wire they use?

Have a look at the pdf version of the chart.
    Attached Images Attached Images

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Daox (02-04-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Seems there are a few of them out there:

Google: Mitsubishi Mirage MG44-C

P.S.: browsing some of the results Google returned showed there were few, if any, actual Mirage RFs.

Last edited by Eggman; 02-04-2016 at 09:21 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)