Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rockford Fosgate Edition Mirage (U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Rockford Fosgate Edition Mirage (U.S.)

http://www.inautonews.com/take-a-loo...osgate-edition
    Rockford Fosgate Edition is packing features such as the 300-watt Rockford Fosgate ecoPUNCH sound system, two ecoPUNCH subwoofers, an ecoPUNCH amplifier, a leather wrapped steering wheel, Bluetooth, cruise control, special badging, automatic climate control, keyless entry, split folding rear seat, power windows, piano black trim, body color rear spoiler and door handles and several other goodies. The company says that pricing for the vehicle will begin from 14,945 USD.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

alex16 (10-31-2015),Canoehead (10-31-2015),MetroMPG (10-30-2015)

Interesting!

This confirms one of the things Clessy posted earlier about future Mirage updates.

Here's all the relevant text from Mitsu USA's site:

Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) today announced a new trim to the fuel-efficient 2015 Mirage, the Rockford Fosgate® Edition. Already the most fuel-efficient, non-hybrid, gasoline powered vehicle available in America today with a combined fuel economy of 40 mpg, the Rockford Fosgate Edition adds a custom-engineered premium audio system and other features to offer consumers a high-end model in a sub-compact car. The new Edition features a starting MSRP of $14,945.

The Rockford Fosgate Edition starts with the Mirage DE and adds a 300-Watt, Rockford Fosgate ecoPUNCH™ sound system, steering audio control, Bluetooth® hands free phone system and audio, cruise control, leather wrapped steering wheel, alloy wheels and special badging. Custom-engineered to match the interior and acoustics of the Mirage, the audio system's advanced features include:

• Newly developed, dual 6.5-inch long-throw ecoPUNCH subwoofer system in Mirage-specific molded acoustic suspension type enclosure to allow the driver and passengers to "feel" the music
    • Highly efficient, 300 Watt Class-D ecoPUNCH amplifier with full Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and featuring a proprietary discrete MOSFET subwoofer amplifier channel to deliver effortless power with low distortion

"Rockford Fosgate is one of the most recognized and coveted audio systems in the automotive industry and we're excited to offer this package in a segment that doesn't typically offer premium audio systems," said MMNA executive vice president, Don Swearingen. "With its remarkable affordability, fuel efficiency and an industry-leading warranty, this new audio package for the 2015 Mirage warrants strong consideration amongst car buyers."
    Source: http://media.mitsubishicars.com/rele...osgate-edition

I wonder though: how much of a sales impact this will have? Do people really buy cars based on their factory sound system? (Says the guy whose 17 year-old car car came with NO factory sound system whatsoever )

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Interesting that this a model available for the current Mirage. Be interesting to see when they start to appear on dealer's lots

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Interesting!
    I wonder though: how much of a sales impact this will have? Do people really buy cars based on their factory sound system? (Says the guy whose 17 year-old car car came with NO factory sound system whatsoever )
    Mirage is a great high school/college new car alternative to used beater, so for that segment it will be a welcome feature. For my kid replacing speakers and shift knob was a #1 priority, and he is no different from many others.

Also if you planning to do work yourself, you are looking at $100 speakers, $100 amp, $250-$350 head unit and $150-$200 sub. $700 plus labor to put a decent system. So paying $1k for it at the dealer isn't bad at all.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Add Led Taillights and some in the Head lights or Restyled Taillights
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    Mirage is a great high school/college new car alternative to used beater, so for that segment it will be a welcome feature. For my kid replacing speakers and shift knob was a #1 priority, and he is no different from many others.

Also if you planning to do work yourself, you are looking at $100 speakers, $100 amp, $250-$350 head unit and $150-$200 sub. $700 plus labor to put a decent system. So paying $1k for it at the dealer isn't bad at all.
    But the package also includes cruise, leather wrapped steering wheel, and bluetooth. Bargins
    I love everything about Mitsubishi!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to grsupercity For This Useful Post:

debburyl (10-31-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    But the package also includes cruise, leather wrapped steering wheel, and bluetooth. Bargins
    And the steering wheel controls. Though most upgrade head units will come with Bluetooth, and ES will have all other options.

But it is a good deal no doubt.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not for that price I think. You can get all of that installed by a 3rd party (or yourself) for less than 1k.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I want this in my mirage!
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Not for that price I think. You can get all of that installed by a 3rd party (or yourself) for less than 1k.
    Depends what you are getting. I've priced similar system above at $6-700. If you wanna do bare minimum 2 pairs of top rated Pioneer TSAs are $95 at Walmart with free shipping. They will make your OEM unit sound x10 time better.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-16-2019)