Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: For Mitsubishi, Cheap is More than Enough! (Bloomberg)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Article: For Mitsubishi, Cheap is More than Enough! (Bloomberg)

nothing beats my mirage!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...re-than-enough

Last edited by MetroMPG; 11-09-2015 at 01:14 PM. Reason: (added to title)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mitsumi For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-09-2015)

Nice find!

Mitsubishi has a simple approach: Aim for the bottom. Consumer Reports likens Mitsubishi to "the Walmart of car companies" as it undercuts even such no-frills brands as Honda and Hyundai. And cheap is paying off handsomely—at least in sales—for the tiny Tokyo carmaker
    Lowest price is always a strong strategy.

The cheapest new car in the U.S. is the Versa sedan (not the Mirage, as the article implies), and it's consistently the sales leader in the subcompact segment.

Same thing in Canada with the Nissan Micra: it starts at $9998 and out-sells the Mirage 3 to 1.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Personally I think mine is perfect. For what I paid for this car, compared to a 1963 Valiant, even a Metro at $9k 20 years ago is not close to as good as this little car is right now.

It should suit my needs for the next decade and when my project hits the road it will save me the $35 a 1000 miles it cost me in gas.

Maybe a taller top gear ratio, 2 doors, and a sedan delivery version. Now that would be soo COOL!

10k and one oil change, one every 7500 miles, got it.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Nice find!

Lowest price is always a strong strategy.

The cheapest new car in the U.S. is the Versa sedan (not the Mirage, as the article implies), and it's consistently the sales leader in the subcompact segment.

Same thing in Canada with the Nissan Micra: it starts at $9998 and out-sells the Mirage 3 to 1.
    A lot of people don't want manual windows and locks. The cheap Versa will get you that. Once you option that stuff in, you're in a $16000 car ... which there are better options at that price point.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mitsubishi public relations people said none of their executives were available on Tuesday to talk about the sales results. In a recent statement, Don Swearingen, executive vice president of the brand in North America, said: "Our record sales streak is not based on gimmicks, but rather consumer demand for our vehicles."
    I am curious if fixed 2017 can catch up to Versa in a couple years.

On 10k DE the only things missing from our shopping list were the cruise, bluetooth, better speakers, better tires and suspension. Last 3 had been fixed, and the 1st 2 turned out to not be a high priority.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    deleted duplicate

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They tried sucking $17,000 out of me when I went to buy a base model Versa Note Hatchback. I thought I was buying the $12,000 manager's special, I left right away then bought this car. The versa also had a crummy interior, manual windows and not even a button on the key. For what its in the Mirage standard its a pretty damn good deal.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (11-10-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I also wanted to look at the versa but it didn't have the mpg or the features a es mirage had for anywhere near the price. The Honda Fit was the car I wanted but it was priced like a Prius c
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post

On 10k DE the only things missing from our shopping list were the cruise, bluetooth, better speakers, better tires and suspension. Last 3 had been fixed, and the 1st 2 turned out to not be a high priority.
    I got my 5MT ES for 12k so I got all those things for a price I was happy with. They are out there from the right Mitsubishi dealer.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    I'd be doubtful. A major thing Nissan has going for it is size of their dealer network. I don't have comparison numbers, but Mitsu's relative lack of dealers in Canada/U.S. is often cited as a problem for prospective buyers, even here on the forum. Some people who wanted the Mirage had to travel long & far to get one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)