Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage changes, specifications, details, pricing

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    How much extra would you pay for no A/C at all? That's what the base Canadian Mirage comes with.
    My Metro didn't have it, and for the US$7500 you guys pay for the base model I might be able to live without it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (03-24-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A Washington stater doesn't need a Mitsubishi Mirage with A/C. Now, if he takes his Mirage on VAC to places like New Mexico or Arizona, that's another story. I'm a native Washingtonian, I once bought a '99 Kia Sephia for $7,995 5-speed with no stereo or A/C and got along just fine. Without the A/C that is. Had to have a AM/FM cassette stereo installed, though.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mitsuman For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (03-24-2016),Eggman (03-24-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuman View Post
    A Washington stater doesn't need a Mitsubishi Mirage with A/C. Now, if he takes his Mirage on VAC to places like New Mexico or Arizona, that's another story. I'm a native Washingtonian, I once bought a '99 Kia Sephia for $7,995 5-speed with no stereo or A/C and got along just fine. Without the A/C that is. Had to have a AM/FM cassette stereo installed, though.
    Completely agree. But your assessment only applies to WESTERN Washington. Out east it can get pretty toasty.

We here in Olympia did get roasted for about six weeks last summer. Man, I sure was glad my Mirage had AC then!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My first new car was a 1997 Hyundai Accent. No air, power steering or radio. Got it for $6995. I still consider it my number one favorite car. It was just a fun and simple car. It got hot tho on a summer day. It was dark green with black interior. That did not help for sure. Now that I am older I appreciate having air conditioning when I have to get dressed up, if it is really humid or I need to defog my windows.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Maybe, but why???

I have gone through SW in the summer w/o A/C (on motorcycle), and 112 in Mojave was tolerable as long as you drink enough water. It is doable in he cage, as long as you're moving. Suppose in NW you could get by w/o one, but A/C isn't only about cooling, it is about defogging windshield too.

One of the nice things about Mirage that it comes equipped with basic necessities: a/c, radio, power windows/locks. Selling one w/o it would only hurt consumer pricing and image.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

^ It's funny - I don't consider any of those things to be basic necessities in a car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (03-24-2016)

Bikerfreind
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    I think that the Mirage gets fogged windows quite fast, much faster than any other car i have driving before, so i use the AC often to defog. (it's only in cold weather they get foged), but my first car did not have AC, power windows or anything NEW and smart..
    Maybe because it was a 1978 Opel Ascona.. (this is not mine, but it was the same i had http://bestcarmag.com/sites/default/...scona-b-03.jpg )

AC, Power Windows, Bluetooth radio, heated seats, all is nice to have, but not a must have..
    (But im still glad that i got the ES trim )

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In regards to air conditioning... I'm in Ohio. The Mirage is my first car that has power windows. Being able to hop in and put all 4 windows down has greatly reduced my need to use the air conditioning. My last car had manual windows, so I would get in, roll the drivers window down a bit to blow hot air out, and crank the AC.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Might need A/C in Alaska these days .

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Like MetroMPG mentioned, the base Canadian model doesn't have A/C. Luckily in Victoria, BC we don't need it. For people that don't know the area, we basically get the same weather as Seattle or Vancouver, but with less than half the amount of rain.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 53.4 mpg (US) ... 22.7 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.1 mpg (Imp)