Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage changes, specifications, details, pricing

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Official 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage changes, specifications, details, pricing

Name:  f9b11209-c8ca-4efb-9529-c2cc4ab0f7be-750x500.jpg
Views: 5287
Size:  59.0 KB

Name:  51a4df06-156c-4e3e-bdd0-495a60ccb7c3-750x500.jpg
Views: 4386
Size:  60.6 KB

Mitsubishi is having the live official release of the 2017 Mirage and the Outlander Sport today.

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/upcomi...engagement_001

Only 5 more hours!

UPDATE: YouTube video of the Mirage press conference in post #62

----

UPDATE: here's a summary of the main changes to the car:

Engine
    • no mention of larger GT engine or turbo
    • 1.2L engine gets a new roller type camshaft (all trims)
    • horsepower increases from 74 to 78 @ 6,000 RPM
    • torque unchanged (74 lb-ft @ 4,000 RPM)
    • Fuel Economy: To Be Determined
    • Optional remote-engine start (CVT)

Transmissions:
    • GT model gets CVT only
    • no changes to CVT specs
    • no changes to 5MT specs

Chassis/Suspension
    • revised spring rates
    • revised damping force of shock absorbers
    • front chassis stiffener

Wheels
    • New 14-inch alloy wheel design (SE)
    • GT model gets 15 in. aluminum alloys
    • GT tire size: P175/55R15

Brakes
    • larger discs (251 mm) & drums (203 mm) have increased 23 mm
    • brake pad/shoe material changed for better performance

Exterior: Aerodynamics
    • drag coefficient improved to 0.27 (from 0.28), probably referring to base/ES car
    • new rear tire air dams, revisions to rear bumper
    • revised rear spoiler angle "reduces rear lift"; changes to sides "reduce drag"

Exterior: Dimensions / Curb Weights

• Overall length increases slightly to 149.4 inches (from 148.8)
    • Height up slightly to 59.3 inches (from 59.1)
    • Ground clearance up slightly to 6.3 inches (from 5.9)
    • Curb weight of ES unchanged; SE increases to (5MT/CVT lbs) 2,040/2,095 (from 1,996/2,051); GT 2,117 (CVT only)

Exterior: Styling

• Updated fascia
    • Bi-xenon HID headlights with light tube (GT)
    • LED tail lights & optional LED running lights
    • 2 new colors: Wine Red and Sunrise Orange (complete list: Wine Red, Sunrise Orange, Sapphire Blue, Infra Red, Pearl White, Mystic Black, Starlight Silver, Mercury Gray)

Interior:

• Front seat heater (GT only)
    • New gauge cluster (speedometer/tachometer)
    • New smartphone link Display Audio head unit includes both Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ (SE and GT)
    • New front and rear seat materials
    • New steering wheel
    • New panel design for air conditioning
    • Optional LED Illumination Package

Pricing (U.S. MSRP):
    • $12,995 - ES 5MT manual
    • $14,195 - ES CVT automatic
    • $14,795 - SE 5MT manual
    • $15,995 - SE CVT automatic
    • $16,495 - GT CVT automatic (source)

Pricing (Canada MSRP):

• $12,598 - ES 5MT manual
    • $13,798 - ES CVT automatic
    • $13,898 - ES PLUS 5MT manual
    • $14,098 - ES PLUS CVT automatic
    • $17,298 - SE CVT automatic
    • $18,198 - SEL CVT automatic (source)

===

Features & Options at Mitsubishi US: http://media.mitsubishicars.com/chan...-kit#release-2

Tech Specifications at Mitsubishi US: http://media.mitsubishicars.com/chan...-kit#release-3

Full Mitsu media release - Overview:

The new Mitsubishi Mirage enters the 2017 model year with a new exterior design, improved performance and enhanced interior appeal. Despite all that is new for Mirage in 2017, a few things didn't change at all—Mirage still offers outstanding fuel economy, attractive pricing and industry leading new vehicle and powertrain warranties.

Mirage receives a fresh new look with redesigned hood, grille, front and rear bumper, fog and headlamps, rear spoiler and wheels. The exterior styling was given purpose, with an aerodynamic design to improve fuel-efficiency and a simple, restrained form to help reduce weight, creating a car in which form and function come together. The new styling enhancements made to the 2017 Mirage give it a sleek, clean look and reduce the coefficient of drag (Cd) to 0.27.

Inside, Mirage receives a design update with new seat fabrics, gauge cluster, steering wheel and shift panel. In addition, a new available 300-watt Rockford-Fosgate™ audio system with EcoPunch™ is available with Smartphone Link Display Audio, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ the first Mitsubishi model to feature this popular infotainment system in the States.
    The 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage comes equipped with the following standard features:
    Interior

• New front and rear seat materials
    • 4-way adjustable driver's and front passenger seat
    • New steering wheel with decorative bezel
    • New panel design for air conditioning
    • 4-speaker, 140-watt AM/FM/CD/MP3 audio system
    • Keyless entry with panic feature
    • New illuminated semi high-contrast combination gauge cluster (speedometer/tachometer) (SE/GT)
    • High-gloss, piano-black shift panel (SE/GT)

Exterior

• New front fascia with chrome upper/lower grille
    • New hood design
    • LED tail lamps
    • Rear spoiler
    • Color-keyed front and rear bumpers, folding side-view mirrors, door handles and tailgate handle
    • New 14-inch alloy wheel design; 15-inch alloy wheels (SE/GT)
    • HID automatic on/off headlights (SE/GT)
    • Beveled fog lamps (SE/GT)
    • Colors: Wine Red, Sunrise Orange, Sapphire Blue, Infra Red, Pearl White, Mystic Black, Starlight Silver, Mercury Gray

Safety

• Advanced seven (7) air bag SRS system including driver's side knee air bag, dual-stage front air bags with occupant seat position sensors, front seat mounted side-impact air bags and front and rear curtain side air bags
    • Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
    • Active Stability Control (ASC) with Traction Control Logic (TCL)
    • Hill Start Assist (HSA)
    • Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    • Engine immobilizer anti-theft security alarm system
    • Mitsubishi Motors' patented Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution (RISE) safety cell body construction

Warranty

• Fully transferable 5-year/60,000 mile new vehicle limited warranty
    • 10-year/100,000 mile powertrain limited warranty
    • 7-year/100,000 mile anti-corrosion perforation limited warranty
    • 5-year/unlimited mile roadside assistance

New Sleek Exterior
    With its refreshed design for 2017, the Mirage features a more unique appearance with higher-quality materials. The entire front fascia has been updated to give it a bold new signature design. The new hood, wheels and rear bumper and taillights round out the new exterior design.
    Two new paint colors are available: Wine Red and Sunrise Orange.
    Upgraded Interior
    Several enhancements were made to the Mirage to give it a more sophisticated quality. All models feature a new redesigned steering wheel, shift panel and air conditioning panel. Additionally, the front and rear seats get new materials. Standard on SE and GT models is a new illuminated semi high-contrast combination meter.
    Purposefully Aerodynamic
    The 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage's outstanding efficiency is the result of a number of key design elements engineered into the vehicle. The fascia bumper features a chiseled crease for a very smooth airflow. The front tire air dam is optimized, and a rear tire air dam is added, to reduce drag resistance. The shape of the rear bumper is optimized for better air flow, while the angle of the rear spoiler has been changed to reduce lift, while the side surface is changed to reduce drag. These aero enhancements help the 2017 Mirage achieve a very low coefficient of drag at only 0.27 (Cd).

Mirage also features high-tensile steel to key sections of its body and chassis, which gives the vehicle a very low curb weight of less than one ton (1,973 lbs.) while possessing excellent structural rigidity.
    Added Horsepower and Increased Brake Size
    The 2017 Mirage continues to utilize a 1.2-liter 3-cylinder DOHC engine featuring the latest version of Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing Electronic Control (MIVEC) variable valve-timing system that maximizes fuel efficiency and power output while greatly minimizing exhaust emissions.
    With the addition of a roller-type camshaft, Mirage increases its horsepower to 78 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 74 lb-ft torque at 4,000 rpm.
    Mirage's handling and brakes are improved for 2017 as well. Optimizing the spring rate and damping the force of the shock absorbers while adding front stiffener achieve the handling and stability improvements. In addition, bigger diameter brakes are used in the front (discs), and rear (drums).

Exemplary Safety Features and Vehicle Warranty
    Every 2017 Mirage comes equipped with a wide array of safety features and technologies. These include a seven (7) air bag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) comprised of dual front air bags, dual front seat-mounted side-impact air bags, dual side-impact curtain air bags, and a driver's knee air bag; 4-wheel anti-lock brakes (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist; a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS); and Active Stability Control (ASC) with Traction Control Logic (TCL). Mirage models equipped with the continuously-variable transmission-equipped (CVT) also include Hill Start Assist (HSA).

Additional protection is provided to the vehicle's occupants by Mitsubishi Motors' patented high-tech Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution (RISE) impact-absorbing safety cell technology. In the event of a collision, the RISE system's energy-absorbing body structure helps to dissipate kinetic energy away from the driver and passengers.
    Mirage boasts Mitsubishi's industry leading powertrain and new vehicle warranty: 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty; 5-year/60,000-mile new vehicle limited warranty; 7-year/100,000 mile anti-corrosion/perforation limited warranty; and 5-year/unlimited mileage roadside assistance program.

Source: http://media.mitsubishicars.com/chan...-kit#release-0

Last edited by MetroMPG; 11-19-2015 at 02:11 AM. Reason: (added summary of changes to the car)
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 91cavgt For This Useful Post:

Canoehead (11-19-2015),Daox (02-23-2016),davidricardo86 (11-19-2015),El Kapitan (12-15-2015),fc321 (02-29-2016),Kineo (12-15-2015),MetroMPG (11-19-2015),R01k (12-01-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The struggle of waiting!!!
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I would not expect a lot of real change other than getting the rear axle issue resolved.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    I wouldn't expect even that. Other similar cars have used this design, and it's flaws, and continue to use it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looks like an ad for the Outlander.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

I'm watching it now

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Steering wheel and led tail lights. I need both now please.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I really like the new model, I was going to buy a 2015 model, but now I think I'll wait

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looking forward to some actual details to post to their website describing the 2017 Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2017 Mirage live stream

So what's everybody's opinion of the new Mirage shown in the reveal. I think it looks great. Also impressed with the Outlander Sport. Wish they would have gone into more detail about the new things on the Mirage. He did say it would have Apple play & Android capabilities.