Thread: TPMS warning on and off

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

TPMS warning on and off

Hello All,

I have two sets of wheels, one winter with 165/65R14 tires and a summer set with 175/55R15 tires. The Winterset needs 2.7bar pressure and the summerset needs 2.4bar pressure.

It is now getting a little bit coulder my TPMS is giving me a warning light on my summer set. The first 3 times I checked the pressure but that is 2.4Bar, which is good. The TPMS warning light is turning off between 5 and 40 Kilometers driving and with temps above 10 degrees celsius, the light is not going to lith up.

My Car got after these lightning warning his first maintenance by the Mitsu dealer. They explained me the following, the Mirage is configured only to messure difference from 15% from the confured 2.7Bar and this is enough to messure 2.4Bar, but not when it is cold and the tire must get warm to get the right pressure back.

On my question if set 1 and 2 can configured for differend pressure the answer was no.

Isn't this strange?

I got the advice to put more pressure in my tire to solve the problem?

Last edited by ToXiQ; 11-24-2015 at 05:25 PM. Reason: remove typo

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage CVT 1.2 automatic: 39.5 mpg (US) ... 16.8 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 47.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Put in more air. It worked for me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)