Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mirage first drive: September* for Canada (and probably U.S.)

2014 Mirage first drive: September* for Canada (and probably U.S.)

Canadian media will get their first drive of the 2014 Mirage in September, according to the head of public relations for the Canadian division of the company.

This info came in response to an email I sent, wondering what was next on the schedule for the car in this country.

That September timeline isn't written in stone -- and it's probably tied to the U.S. schedule, considering our markets are joined at the hip.

It aligns with the "fall" release of the car which had been announced when the car was unveiled at the NY auto show.

I have to admit while I was glad for a bit more information, I was also mildly disappointed to learn we have to wait all summer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Getting closer...

Mitsubishi [USA] spokesman Roger Yasukawa told us that the 2014 Mirage will hit dealerships at the end of September or early October.
    source: http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2...-at-13770.html

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Woo, thats right around the corner! Despite the inevitable bad reviews, I'm really anxious to see how the car sells here in North America. We'll finally have an efficient little car again that isn't an expensive hybrid.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Guys I heard that the Mirage will be landing here in Winnipeg next month. That's according to an employee at Waverly Mitsubishi. Not sure how reliable they are.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to noneetoj For This Useful Post:

Daox (08-26-2013)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I posted on the Mitsubishi Facebook page a comment about bringing the Mirage to the US and their reply was "Coming soon in October". I'd say it will be at least October before we see cars on lots.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f..._t=photo_reply

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 35.4 mpg (US) ... 15.1 km/L ... 6.6 L/100 km ... 42.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RapidRick For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-28-2013)

Thanks for prodding them. Soon enough we'll have our answer...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Iv been talking to my local dealer, and he said they already have there orders placed. Only time will tell how fast they get here!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When I talked to the guy at the Honda dealer about shipping time he said 60-90 days for shipping, customs, and transport across the country. Of course this is from Suzuka Japan, not Thailand but I can't imagine the two would be all that dissimilar.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 35.4 mpg (US) ... 15.1 km/L ... 6.6 L/100 km ... 42.6 mpg (Imp)

I was contacted today by a Canadian media outlet that said they will have a press fleet Mirage in October.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (08-29-2013),grsupercity (08-29-2013)

From the horse's mouth:

In October, Mitsubishi Motors will celebrate the full sales launch of the all-new 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage 5-door sub-compact – the most fuel-efficient gasoline-powered, non-hybrid vehicle in America.
    Source: http://media.mitsubishicars.com/rele...b-8c17903be382

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

RapidRick (09-05-2013)