Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: LED headlights woo (found LED bulb that works well in Mirage)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    BTW, I ordered the SEALIGHT LED headlights for the car in the wee hours this morning. I'm stoked to get them and give them a shot!
    Thanks for sharing what you're using Gnarles2!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    I have these for the headlights

https://amzn.to/2Dk8VIM

I have these for the fog lights

https://amzn.to/2qrQV6F

I love them. They are so much nicer at night and they are not blinding to anyone. That was my main concern. Now that I have used them for a few months I think I may put them on our other car as well. The whiter light is so much nicer at night especially with my 40 year old eyes.
    How did you get the dust cover to go over the fan? Or how did you manage to use the clip to secure the bulb with the fan on the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaft View Post
    How did you get the dust cover to go over the fan? Or how did you manage to use the clip to secure the bulb with the fan on the way?
    Watch the vijeo on the amazon link.

Don't worry, link looks jankey as **** it's not a virus.
    https://d2y5sgsy8bbmb8.cloudfront.ne...793-rpcbe5.mp4
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-08-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Watch the vijeo on the amazon link.

Don't worry, link looks jankey as **** it's not a virus.
    https://d2y5sgsy8bbmb8.cloudfront.ne...793-rpcbe5.mp4
    Awesome! Really appreciate that video. Great help.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I finally got around to swapping out my stock headlight bulbs to LED. I used the Sealight brand ones linked earlier in this thread. I haven't been out at night with them yet, so I can't really give my opinion on how they are in use. But I just had to say, changing headlight bulbs in my 2018 Mirage was the easiest ones I have changed in probably 15yrs! There's plenty of room, you can see what you're doing, I didn't have to remove anything, it's all very straight forward and simple. That is all

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I am curious as to how well the LED bulbs play with the ETACS module? I understand from the dealer service dept. that the headlights are controlled through this module, and given the fact that LED bulbs draw significantly less current, will this cause the ETACS system to sense this and cause the lights to work incorrectly?? In Canada, we have DRL, so this is a concern as well.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritorb View Post
    I am curious as to how well the LED bulbs play with the ETACS module? I understand from the dealer service dept. that the headlights are controlled through this module, and given the fact that LED bulbs draw significantly less current, will this cause the ETACS system to sense this and cause the lights to work incorrectly?? In Canada, we have DRL, so this is a concern as well.
    I'm not sure of the problems that could occur, and I do not have DRL, but we are at 9 months of trouble free juicy LED headlight goodness! The only thing I have seen affected, is that there has been some radio interference, which I tried to isolate and fix, but failed. It is a small price to pay for superior lighting, and we mostly use bluetooth anyways.

As a side note, maybe- I did try a cheap brand of led bulb for the interior light and noticed problems right away with the key fob not locking/unlocking correctly. I changed that to a more expensive Phillips brand bulb, and haven't had a problem since.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bralexander For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-02-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I suspect that the DRL component would not work correctly. Since you don't have DRL in the U.S.A., you won't have issues with LED bulbs. Thanks for the reply. I think I will just upgrade the stock 9003 bulbs for some better ones with the same wattage.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritorb View Post
    I did replaced mine with 25W Philips LEDs & 45W Chinese LEDs without any problem.
    LED will cause problem if you change the brake bulb in car with start button, but it can be solved with load resistance modul.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    So guys I have a 2020 g4 and I need led headlights, which should I look at that won't have me needing to work the corner, but are good?