Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cherry Bomb Glasspack

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Cherry Bomb Glasspack

Hi guys,

I'm planning to have a Cherry Bomb glasspack muffler installed in my Mirage G4

my current setup is: stock headers > stock cats > stock muffler > resonator delete > welded DC Sports Resonated exhaust tip w/ 2" pipe from the flange.

I'm gonna install it in place of the stock muffler, right in the middle.

anyone here used a cherry bomb before? how loud is it? I don't want it to be too loud like a straight piped car and also don't want it to sound like a lawnmower.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gunlak View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm planning to have a Cherry Bomb glasspack muffler installed in my Mirage G4

my current setup is: stock headers > stock cats > stock muffler > resonator delete > welded DC Sports Resonated exhaust tip w/ 2" pipe from the flange.

I'm gonna install it in place of the stock muffler, right in the middle.

anyone here used a cherry bomb before? how loud is it? I don't want it to be too loud like a straight piped car and also don't want it to sound like a lawnmower.
    I have not done this...but I am very interested in your results...this car has such a great sounding motor, I would like to be able to hear it! Sounds like a great idea to me!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I want to do this so bad but I think it would void the warranty.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    already have my glasspack.

now where should i place it? in the place of the stock muffler in the middle? or at the end with the resonator now in the middle?

i want a not so loud note that has no to little drone.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    This is interesting. I wonder if the Mirage uses a tuned exhaust in any sense, and I wonder how a mod like this will affect exhaust tuning and performance.

It is my understanding you would want a resonator chamber as close to the exhaust ports as possible, then have a specific size tube the rest of the way to the exhaust tip to maintain a constant velocity to help 'pull' the exhaust pulses from the cylinders.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (01-17-2021)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    yeah though our mirages has an odd setup where the muffler is in the middle and the resonator is on the tip near the exit. making the resonator cancel out more resonance. i think its irregardless of the position.

based on speedlab's charts, modfying the exhaust doesnt make any gains. well thats one shop. i dont care if theres minimal losses i just want a different exhaust note..

i just want to know if which ones the best config for less drone?

place the stock resonator in place of the stock muffler in the middle then the glasspack at the tip or the other way around?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Good luck. Let us know how this turns out for you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    just got my glasspack installed.. I immediately noticed from the rear that the flow from the exhaust got stronger!

Name:  cherry.jpg
Views: 3402
Size:  75.5 KB

the shop recommended to not place the resonator anymore since it'll cancel out the sound of the glasspack.

I tried jamming the resonator at the rear and yes it really did silence it alot and sounds very restricted. kinda like a constricted fart.

so here's a couple of videos showing the before and after installation.

before, with the resonator delete, the drone is around the 2k mark, then shows up after 4k.

https://www.facebook.com/gunlak/vide...8217339689956/

(sorry my cat won't go away)

after, with the glasspack in the middle and no resonator, the 2k drone is gone but it has more resonance on 1.2k and 2.5k it's tolerable and not that obnoxiously loud. best of all, it doesn't sound like a lawnmower. the cherry bomb cancels out the high frequency rasp heard from straight pipe setups. backfires are alot audible too!

https://www.facebook.com/gunlak/vide...8217341530002/

shot with an iphone 6s

ive reset the ecu too by unplug and plugging the battery. drives alot smoother and more responsive. what i felt atleast
    Last edited by gunlak; 12-06-2015 at 08:23 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Gotta say, I like the sound after the install. I wonder what it will sound like under driving conditions? That will be tough to capture from outside the car.

By the way, how does it drive now?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

gunlak (12-06-2015)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    according to my butt dyno, acceleration is quicker and smoother. the ecu reset did help so the car would adapt to the new exhaust flow.

Just discovered that if I maintain my revs on around 1.6k, there's no resonance.. great for night driving on villages where everyone's asleep.

I let my brother drive it around while I was outside, the exhaust note is not that loud, you won't hear it from the end of the street. just the way I like it.

I'll figure out more stuff along the way and I'm really enjoying the sound!