Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Consumer Reports is still absurd (5 worst cars 2015)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Consumer Reports is still absurd (5 worst cars 2015)

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/resea...signout#page=5

But, according to them, the Mirage is only the second worst car of 2015, with the Jeep Wrangler being the worst. The Jeep is so bad, in fact, that 76% of owners said they would buy one again!

Jeeps are great for people who want off-road capability and lots of aftermarket support. Mirages are great for people who want low cost of ownership in a simple, efficient car. Consumer reports are great for people who want to buy a Honda Accord, and a magazine that tells them that they did the right thing!

Edit - it seems the Consumer Reports folks are in a hurry . . .

Yaris: "slow"
    Scion TC "humdrum"
    Mitsubishi iMev "painfully slow"
    Mitsubishi Mirage "far too slow"
    Jeep Wrangler - (no mention of speed)

Last edited by Canoehead; 12-18-2015 at 08:02 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    CR also named Prius C as the worse, are they even relevant nowadays?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Canoehead - funny post! Thanks for the commentary.

I noticed the Jeep dichotomy as well: owners love them, CR hates them.

They would have compiled satisfaction rankings from Mirage owners by now. I wonder how the people who plunked down their own earnings for one had to say in their survey.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Thanks
    Personally I think ANY road test is only as good as the rear axle alignment. Having a bad axle alignment makes car very squirrely.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

I'd like to experience within spec vs. FUBAR in terms of handling.

Most reports don't call it "squirrely"; just too rolly-polly with poor steering feel/centering.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    "Slow"..."really slow"..."painfully slow". Sheesh...does every car need to be a damned Corvette??

This is why the average car only gets around 30 mpg despite all of the increases in technology. Did you know a Toyota Camry has 268 horsepower? What Camry owner actually needs 268 horsepower?

Why does every car...even an econobox...need to be fast?

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

91cavgt (12-21-2015),Canoehead (12-19-2015),davidricardo86 (12-21-2015),fc321 (03-18-2016)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I'd like to experience within spec vs. FUBAR in terms of handling.

Most reports don't call it "squirrely"; just too rolly-polly with poor steering feel/centering.
    I doubt the reviewers would like this car even if it was perfectly blueprinted, as I don't think reviewers like anything under 150hp as a basic principal!

I agree it is a bit rolly-polly if pushed, and the stock tires aren't as grippy as those on larger cars. I have negotiated several corners and merges, though, without any death/dismemberment, or even really any stress.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    "Slow"..."really slow"..."painfully slow". Sheesh...does every car need to be a damned Corvette??

This is why the average car only gets around 30 mpg despite all of the increases in technology. Did you know a Toyota Camry has 268 horsepower? What Camry owner actually needs 268 horsepower?

Why does every car...even an econobox...need to be fast?
    Agreed. And what is so silly about some of these reviews is that they are about equivalent to complaining about the Corvette being poor off-road, or not having enough space for 3 car-seats, or costing more than a Honda Civic or something else that clearly isn't the 'Vette's mandate. Complaining about the rough ride of a Jeep Wrangler just screams "we are completely out of touch". Top speed of 180km/h also makes me wonder what "fast enough" is . . . though I expect these folks don't know the difference between quick (acceleration) and fast (velocity).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoehead View Post
    I doubt the reviewers would like this car even if it was perfectly blueprinted, as I don't think reviewers like anything under 150hp as a basic principal!

I agree it is a bit rolly-polly if pushed, and the stock tires aren't as grippy as those on larger cars. I have negotiated several corners and merges, though, without any death/dismemberment, or even really any stress.
    Enasaves and soft springs are the major issues with 2015, but if they revised rates, put decent tires and Mirage will handle as good or better than any car on the road. Actually good balance: understeer isn't as pronounced as on majority cars on the road.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

What a load of crap. I'll be sure to never give Consumer Reports my business. Two of my favorite Mitsubishis, the i-MiEV and Mirage are more than enough car for me, my lifestyle and far from being slow. I don't get what the fascination with fast, big and wasteful cars is. I guess I'm just too minimalist.

Last edited by davidricardo86; 12-21-2015 at 11:27 AM.