View Poll Results: What aftermarket parts would you buy?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fuel economy

8 24.24%
  • Engine & transmission performance

13 39.39%
  • Wheels, brakes, suspension

23 69.70%
  • Body & exterior

9 27.27%
  • Interior, audio & video

10 30.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What aftermarket parts would you buy?

Country
    Indonesia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    anyone please check my thread about rubber spring damper. this option is worth to try. easy to apply and the result is positive if not great.

edited for additional information : some country call it as a coil spring buffer.

Last edited by lend3; 12-29-2015 at 05:13 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Would count as wheels, brakes, suspension.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    I was looking at these Largus ones on Ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/321731098088
    I was looking at them a while back, but it was after we ordered Teins.

TEINs are good improvement over the stock and with camber kit car can be oversteered without e-brake. The only negative rear springs are too short and will bottom out on big bumps.
    Last edited by cyclopathic; 12-29-2015 at 11:22 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For the cost of what they are charging for swaybars front and rear and then the cost of the springs it is really not that much more expensive to just get coilovers. Then the height can be adjustable for the different seasons as well. I would like it to have a normal height in the winter and then lower in the nice months. Do you have springs on your car now? if so, what are you using? I would consider getting the Eibach pro kit if it works just as well. That would save a lot of money for sure that I could use to invest in the wheels and tires.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm using the VW lowering springs at the rear. Front unchanged.

Ride height might have been raised a tad.

But for less than 60$, worth every penny. Rear does not bounce. Rear does not bottom out. Rebound is more even. Add the rear swaybar and for around 200$, the car handles like how it should have been sold. If you already have 15" wheels sitting around, put 195 wide tires and the car handles turns twice the speed limit like it is on rails.

Doubt you can get this kind of performance with just coilovers.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The performance aspect sounds good but I want the car to be a bit lower as well. Even just a half inch would improve the looks a lot more.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Haha, the one thing we do seem to have is an abundance of spring choices. Why haven't you gotten any yet?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't want to just change the springs without changing the dampers as well. I like the idea of the coilovers because I can have the car lower in the summer and then back to a normal ride height in the winter. I would love a cheap fix of just changing the springs but would that damage the cheap dampers that are on the car now? Has anyone on here tried the Eibach springs? They would get me the ride height that I like and it is much cheaper than the coilovers. But then I run into the fact that I live in Cleveland and would like some more height in the winter for snow and all of the holes in the road.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I've run aftermarket springs on stock or stock replacement struts/shocks on several vehicles. Its never been a problem for me.

There are a couple guys here who are running Eibach springs. Getting them to the US is the only hurdle to overcome. These would be my choice if I had to go with an aftermarket spring as well.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You can get them on EBAY for $220

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kit-Ressorts...RVykSN&vxp=mtr

They ship from Germany. I may just have to get them and see how they are. It is a lot cheaper for sure. I just wish you could try before you buy! lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gnarles2 For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-30-2015)