Thread: Code No.B1411

Country
    Denmark
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Code No.B1411

Hey there!

Has anyone ever experienced an error code number B1411 in your Mirage? The error is related to the Airbag malfunction. However, I have no idea if there is any quick fix to that.

According to the manual, the error code is about "Passenger’s (front) air bag module (squib) system (open circuit of squib circuit)".

Any ideas?

Take care!

Link to the manual: http://mitsubishi.automotive-manuals...097200ENG.html

Last edited by adrian182; 10-28-2022 at 07:36 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    First thing I would check is the little plug and socket under the driver seat. By that connection the airbag is connected to the rest of the car. If its not connected, the side airbag circuit would be "open". Same applies to the other connectors for the other airbags.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

adrian182 (10-29-2022)

Isn't that code specifically for the Passenger Dash airbag and not the seat airbag, seatbelt, seatbelt pre-tensioner, passenger occupancy sensor, seat position sensor, or passenger occupancy module? Wiring under a seat won’t make that dash airbag trouble code appear(afaik).

What was done to the car before this light came on? I'd guess the airbag(passenger dash, one of two plugs) was unplugged or maybe a fuse removed while the key was on? Or maybe too much crap in the glovebox snagged a wire? That code is for an open circuit Squib 1, passenger bag. I can't seem to post the link I found... Try this https://mirageforum.com/forum/google...413j1287349j21

What year is your car? That link you posted wasn't for a Mirage but same code and troubleshooting mostly apply.
    Last edited by Fummins; 10-29-2022 at 02:59 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

adrian182 (10-29-2022)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Thanks a lot for your prompt replies, guys!

I'm gonna check the plug and socket under the passenger's seat tomorrow. Hopefully, the cause for that airbag light on is simple as that

I bought the car half a year ago, and in fact, the passenger airbag switch was off - since they drove this car with a kid in the front seat. Nonetheless, I turned the switch on, and nothing has changed since then. The airbag light is still on and the error occurs.

As for your last question, I'm a happy owner of Mirage produced in late 2014 but first released in early 2015. It's 1.2 l (1193 ccm), 80 HK (59 kW).

I will check up on all the hints you gave me, and let you know if I was able to figure out the cause!

I appreciate your help!

Here's a 2015 Service manual and some other junk. I'm not sure which market it's for(if it matters) but it's worked well for our cars in Canuckystan. We don't have the airbag shut off switch over here, we normally stick kids in the back seat. I've only seen airbag shut off switches in some pickup trucks with tiny back seats that won't fit a rear-facing car seat.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

adrian182 (10-29-2022)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Many thanks for the manual! I will check that out for sure.

So, I was able to get under the passenger's seat and locate the airbag plug and socket. I tried to wiggle it a bit and I ensured that there are connected properly. However, the airbag light on my dashboard is still on. Now the question is if the light needs to be reset using the original software like MUT, or the light should have gone off automatically if hypothetically I managed to fix the problem? What do you think, guys?

That code won’t go away even if the problem is fixed unless cleared with scan tool of some
    Kind. Doesn’t have to be an mut

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

adrian182 (10-29-2022)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Could you please recommend to me any kind of scan tool that is suitable for Mirage? Do you personally use any? Or, you just go to your dealer and they clear errors for you?