Country
    Pakistan
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Didnt get you . kindly mark the pipe i unscrew and feed liqui moly cleaner
    for ref video link is here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5efSS31obI

Attachment 15753

Your throttle valve set up is way different than the one we have.
    Attachment 15754

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Attachment 15753

Your throttle valve set up is way different than the one we have.
    Attachment 15754
    so it means have to spray liqui cleaner in throttle body ?
    Name:  enginee.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  84.5 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Harris, I apologize as I have no experience using such a product but I can't understand what problem you are trying to solve by using this. I would expect it to foul sensors, but what do I know?

So, what problems are you trying to address with this product? Are you having problems with how your Mirage is running?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I believe in Hot Engine Flush/Supreme Oil/Additive Enhanced oil changes.

Perhaps not for our vehicles, but I've seen how a religiously changed with synthetic every 5000miles Silverados pan looks at 140,000miles, and I know how it looked after JUST doing a Wynns service.

**** works. Wynns products specifically come with their own warranty which is kind of cool. I use Wynns pn 10121 every third change. I like that it comes with a warning to not run the cleaner for more than 20 minutes or else itll start eating components. So, it's actually doing something.

I feel like it benefits our Nissan. I doubt the Mirage will ever need it.

The problem with these products is you have to use them semi consistently for 10 years before you... won't have a problem. So, it's kind of hard to justify. But, it's nearly free for me and I like our local sales rep, so why not. Plus I use Wynns fluids for all other services so I might as well have the whole car under their additional warranty.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Harris, I apologize as I have no experience using such a product but I can't understand what problem you are trying to solve by using this. I would expect it to foul sensors, but what do I know?

So, what problems are you trying to address with this product? Are you having problems with how your Mirage is running?
    My previous mirage Catalytic choked and have to remove which resulted in more complications. Now just for future reference and any such trouble with my new mirage i just wanna have ready solution to clean choked catalytic .

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm ambivalent about flushes. On an older car with a few miles I'd certainly give it a shot. You never know what kind of guck is in there. I bought a slant 6 Dart and when the rocker cover came off the sludge filled the space not occupied by the valvetrain.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harris View Post
    My previous mirage Catalytic choked and have to remove which resulted in more complications. Now just for future reference and any such trouble with my new mirage i just wanna have ready solution to clean choked catalytic .
    Forgive my copy & pasting, but this reminds me of Catalytic Poisioning.

Wikipedia: Catalytic converter - Damage

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia: Catalytic converter - Damage
    Catalyst poisoning occurs when the catalytic converter is exposed to exhaust containing substances that coat the working surfaces, so that they cannot contact and react with the exhaust. The most notable contaminant is lead, so vehicles equipped with catalytic converters can run only on unleaded fuel. Other common catalyst poisons include sulfur, manganese (originating primarily from the gasoline additive MMT), and silicon, which can enter the exhaust stream if the engine has a leak that allows coolant into the combustion chamber. Phosphorus is another catalyst contaminant. Although phosphorus is no longer used in gasoline, it (and zinc, another low-level catalyst contaminant) was until recently widely used in engine oil antiwear additives such as zinc dithiophosphate (ZDDP). Beginning in 2004, a limit of phosphorus concentration in engine oils was adopted in the API SM and ILSAC GF-4 specifications.

Depending on the contaminant, catalyst poisoning can sometimes be reversed by running the engine under a very heavy load for an extended period of time. The increased exhaust temperature can sometimes vaporize or sublime the contaminant, removing it from the catalytic surface. However, removal of lead deposits in this manner is usually not possible because of lead's high boiling point.

Any condition that causes abnormally high levels of unburned hydrocarbons—raw or partially burnt fuel—to reach the converter will tend to significantly elevate its temperature, bringing the risk of a meltdown of the substrate and resultant catalytic deactivation and severe exhaust restriction. Usually the upstream components of the exhaust system (manifold/header assembly and associated clamps susceptible to rust/corrosion and/or fatigue e.g. the exhaust manifold splintering after repeated heat cycling), ignition system e.g. coil packs and/or primary ignition components (e.g. distributor cap, wires, ignition coil and spark plugs) and/or damaged fuel system components (fuel injectors, fuel pressure regulator, and associated sensors) - since 2006 ethanol has been used frequently with fuel blends where fuel system components which are not ethanol compatible can damage a catalytic converter - this also includes using a thicker oil viscosity not recommended by the manufacturer (especially with ZDDP content - this includes "high mileage" blends regardless if its conventional or synthetic oil), oil and/or coolant leaks (e.g. blown head gasket inclusive of engine overheating). Vehicles equipped with OBD-II diagnostic systems are designed to alert the driver to a misfire condition by means of illuminating the "check engine" light on the dashboard, or flashing it if the current misfire conditions are severe enough to potentially damage the catalytic converter.
    Emphasis added.

That's not very well-written, but I think it makes its point - that there can be several reasons why a catalytic converter fails, gets poisoned, or otherwise becomes fouled. Usually by some outside cause.

While I'm not in a position to diagnose what happened to your previous Mirage, I know that there are substances & conditions that can cause catalytic poisoning. Contaminated or bad gasoline, low-grade engine oil, additives to either, engine condition problems such as leaky seals, misfiring cylinders dumping unburned fuel or (dare I suggest) 'tuner chips' that substantially increase the amount of fuel delivered (as noted above) can all contribute to catalyst failure.

I hope the treatment you choose doesn't cause any harm and only helps ease your concerns. Just don't forget to keep the entire drivetrain maintained and running the way it was intended and fix any problems as they arise.

I don't see a need for such a treatment for my own vehicles. Since I haven't had the problems you describe, I suspect it would only lighten my wallet. But then again, we live in different countries with different rules & regulations and not being familiar with your situation I imagine you might be stuck using whatever gas & oil you have available.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Years ago Ontario had a real problem with small independent gas retailers mixing toxic waste into the fuel.

The damage done was hard to predict, depending on what toxic crap was mixed in. Many, many catalytic converters were destroyed. Many cars had fuel lines, pumps, senders, fittings destroyed as the plastic in those parts was melted by certain toxic junk.

For that reason I'll personally never trust independents that haven't been around for a long time or are very small in nature. The toxic mix sold was about 3-4 cents/liter cheaper than branded fuels. People ruined their cars to save $1.50 on a fillup.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Forgive my copy & pasting, but this reminds me of Catalytic Poisioning.

Wikipedia: Catalytic converter - Damage

Emphasis added.

That's not very well-written, but I think it makes its point - that there can be several reasons why a catalytic converter fails, gets poisoned, or otherwise becomes fouled. Usually by some outside cause.

While I'm not in a position to diagnose what happened to your previous Mirage, I know that there are substances & conditions that can cause catalytic poisoning. Contaminated or bad gasoline, low-grade engine oil, additives to either, engine condition problems such as leaky seals, misfiring cylinders dumping unburned fuel or (dare I suggest) 'tuner chips' that substantially increase the amount of fuel delivered (as noted above) can all contribute to catalyst failure.

I hope the treatment you choose doesn't cause any harm and only helps ease your concerns. Just don't forget to keep the entire drivetrain maintained and running the way it was intended and fix any problems as they arise.

I don't see a need for such a treatment for my own vehicles. Since I haven't had the problems you describe, I suspect it would only lighten my wallet. But then again, we live in different countries with different rules & regulations and not being familiar with your situation I imagine you might be stuck using whatever gas & oil you have available.
    You r 100 % on point @eggman Poor Fuel is the culprit in Pakistan ( just read this below complaint by Honda about Pakistan fuel )
    Good quality engine oil also a concern but one can easily find Mobil or Liqui Moly in metro areas
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1367960/sh...-engines-honda