Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring Spacers/Isolators

I'll have one on the hoist in an hour. I'll try to get you some measurements.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by gunlak View Post
    people in our local forum had these fabricated. adding a rubber stopper on the shocks
    Attachment 4884
    I had to do the same thing to my rzr, I grabbed some bumpstops from a Chevy truck, drilled a hole in the center and they've been in there for years now. I used to bottom out my shocks constantly even with them cranked up all the way. It does limit your travel slightly though and if you are constantly bottoming out your shocks they might break the mounts eventually. I've seen it on trucks with sagged out springs many times.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Cani Lupine View Post
    Does anyone happen to know the diameter of the bottom seats of the rear springs? If not, I can always measure it, but I wasn't sure if anyone knows off hand.
    The spring seat on the trailing axle is 1 7/8".

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The spring id itself was like 2-1/8" iirc. There's a rubber insulater between them

If your going to a yard honda fit (2007) springs fit nice and give you a little more headroom for weight. They raised the ride height like 3/4" as well as being a stiffer spring. the new fiesta springs fit too but the fiesta springs are kind of too long and a pain to get from the car

Depending How much time you have PM me i could mail you my fit springs for cost of shipping and you can have them (free). One less thing I'll have too move...
    Last edited by MightyMirageMpg; 04-06-2017 at 06:15 PM.

Yeah you're right the spring is 2 1/8", the perch is 1 7/8 on the axle, rubber spacer takes up the remaining 1/4". Wasn't there a thread about the different springs that fit the Mirage, I thought Yaris may have fit as well?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've got H&R springs on there already, but I was considering getting some thicker spring seats to fine tune the height and lift it up maybe half an inch.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yeah you're right the spring is 2 1/8", the perch is 1 7/8 on the axle, rubber spacer takes up the remaining 1/4". Wasn't there a thread about the different springs that fit the Mirage, I thought Yaris may have fit as well?
    There is a thread. Yaris rear springs, in my opinion, are perfect. Ride height is not altered and they are quite firmer than stock. Makes the car feel like a normal car, not harsh or overly firm, just gets rid of the wallow, makes it feel secure. Front springs are still way to soft though and we need to find a cheap alternative that preserves ride height.

Stock rubber spring spacers dont fit the yaris springs perfectly, need to modify them, or order the yaris ones.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahausheer View Post
    There is a thread. Yaris rear springs, in my opinion, are perfect. Ride height is not altered and they are quite firmer than stock. Makes the car feel like a normal car, not harsh or overly firm, just gets rid of the wallow, makes it feel secure. Front springs are still way to soft though and we need to find a cheap alternative that preserves ride height.

Stock rubber spring spacers dont fit the yaris springs perfectly, need to modify them, or order the yaris ones.
    I disagree with this.

For my rear axle, I tried a set of Yaris springs and found it lifted the rear of the Mirage to the limit of the shock absorber extension. In addition, the spring coil was wider than the Mirage spring seats.

On the other hand, a set of springs from a Beetle fit the Mirage spring seats nicely, but they were also too long.

A set of Beetle lowering springs would be Just Right. But for the price of Beetle lowering springs I've seen online, I could buy an Air Lift air bag set and it would be adjustable.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)